PDA

View Full Version : Not much in between.

Team AMG
05-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Well, it's been tough drafting this letter. I did maybe 3 revisions over the last few days, and this is the final version I came up with.

I'm leaving XMS. I guess that's pretty obvious since most of my stuff is either for sale or has already been sold. Those sales are not connected with anything that has had to do here, but with my changing tastes in r/c. I have been a member of this site for about a year and a half, not a huge amount of time in the scheme of things, and I have three hundred something posts. Also not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but I didn't post unless I had something important enough to add to a conversation, other than to say "Yeah" or "Cool" to boost my post counts. I think word for word what I had to say about the different strings I participated in was enough, I didn't need to add fluff.

I'm not going to take parting shots at the XMS staff. That's just not my style. Over the last 18 months I've done what I could to stay neutral. I have friends on both sides of the angry debates that have found their way onto posts here, and I'm not going to let one side or the other draw me into their personal attacks. I am active and a moderator in a section of another r/c forum, something that I appreciate greatly and I take seriously, but even with that I will not side with the person who game me that position just to preach his politics. And it should be added, he hasn't asked me to do so, and that's credit in his favor.

There is an important need for this website to do some house cleaning. Again, I'm not going to preach politics, but pruning topics, deleting members that have been inactive for more than 6 months, members using the same IP for more than one profile, all of this needs to be done. Navigation-wise, the site is good, but it's cluttered with posts of little meaning and members who made those posts. Both need to be pruned. Not everyone wants to wade through that to get to good information.

I'm going to keep my profile active, every couple of months I'll come back and see what's going on, maybe even post something. Hopefully this site can be turned around before real and lasting damage can be done, it is a great source for information, it's just also a great source for adverse politics, inane prepubescents and spam.

Adios.

Fast Petey
http://home.earthlink.net/~teamamg/
[email protected]

wicked skyline ryder
05-15-2006, 11:43 AM
it's a good leter and has some good points in it i think it's cool that you are geting into different r/c's and you will be missed (even though you will be on every once in a while)

pittbull988
05-15-2006, 02:49 PM
we will miss u and remember you forever....thanks for everything u did amg...

Team AMG
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
we will miss u and remember you forever....thanks for everything u did amg...

Thanks. I just got back from the track, running a 11T with 7 cells I just ran a tick over 68 mph on the banked oval. If the car would have stopped bottoming out I may have broke 70. Looking at the video the body was pretty twisted from the various air pressures. You just can't get that with XMODS and have the same type of control. I did build a rocket powered Gen 1, and had it actually worked there would have been pictures. As it was I'm glad nobody died. But in reality, no mater how much you do to them XMODS are still toys. Just like my $2300 M249 airsoft gun is just a BB gun. They are what you make them, and they are fun in their own right. Anyway, I'll stop by from time to time.

Check the AMG team website, I've updated it with new (but really old) pics and stuff, like my racing slot cars in 1967 with my brother.

http://home.earthlink.net/~teamamg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mvc-446s.jpg

pittbull988
05-15-2006, 05:06 PM
68mph not bad for an electric....im getting back into nitro rcs..but im not leaving here n e time soon...im currently trying to win some stuff that i need on ebay for my hpi rush...im updating it into the rush evo...i got the really cool rims but i just found out that they make them only for 4wd cars so im gunna get a set for the rear and return the other and just get the stock rims in chrome and get a dodge ram body and paint it black....that thing that u said about xmods and ur airsoft gun is pretty much true about everything now that i realize it......

BlackSky909
05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, it's been tough drafting this letter. I did maybe 3 revisions over the last few days, and this is the final version I came up with.

I'm leaving XMS. I guess that's pretty obvious since most of my stuff is either for sale or has already been sold. Those sales are not connected with anything that has had to do here, but with my changing tastes in r/c. I have been a member of this site for about a year and a half, not a huge amount of time in the scheme of things, and I have three hundred something posts. Also not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but I didn't post unless I had something important enough to add to a conversation, other than to say "Yeah" or "Cool" to boost my post counts. I think word for word what I had to say about the different strings I participated in was enough, I didn't need to add fluff.

I'm not going to take parting shots at the XMS staff. That's just not my style. Over the last 18 months I've done what I could to stay neutral. I have friends on both sides of the angry debates that have found their way onto posts here, and I'm not going to let one side or the other draw me into their personal attacks. I am active and a moderator in a section of another r/c forum, something that I appreciate greatly and I take seriously, but even with that I will not side with the person who game me that position just to preach his politics. And it should be added, he hasn't asked me to do so, and that's credit in his favor.

There is an important need for this website to do some house cleaning. Again, I'm not going to preach politics, but pruning topics, deleting members that have been inactive for more than 6 months, members using the same IP for more than one profile, all of this needs to be done. Navigation-wise, the site is good, but it's cluttered with posts of little meaning and members who made those posts. Both need to be pruned. Not everyone wants to wade through that to get to good information.

I'm going to keep my profile active, every couple of months I'll come back and see what's going on, maybe even post something. Hopefully this site can be turned around before real and lasting damage can be done, it is a great source for information, it's just also a great source for adverse politics, inane prepubescents and spam.

Adios.

Fast Petey
http://home.earthlink.net/~teamamg/
[email protected]

I feel you, If I wasn't de-admined when Boske took over this place wouldn't be as cluttered as it is..

wicked skyline ryder
05-21-2006, 10:20 PM
I feel you, If I wasn't de-admined when Boske took over this place wouldn't be as cluttered as it is..
probably not