PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Power Upgrade

F-150 k!ller
05-09-2006, 11:40 PM
ok i saw this on infernal and was wondering how you connect it to your xmod because in his tut., he doesnt say so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Heres the link to the tut.

http://s6.invisionfree.com/Infernal_XMOD/ar/t8432.htm

subarukid05
05-09-2006, 11:54 PM
looks cool plus thats wat im doing wit a regular wirless house phone battery

F-150 k!ller
05-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Yea but how do you hook it up too a xmod? Like the 5th, 6th cell mod type of deal?

pittbull988
05-10-2006, 07:22 PM
no more like liths are normaly done

F-150 k!ller
05-10-2006, 07:24 PM
ok but i also want to use the stock battery tray also so do i do it like a 5th cell upgrade?

kenney
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
well in the tut he puts the battery in series with the stock holders. So the black wire that attaches the stock holders snip it attach one end to one side of the dean plug and the the other wire (which you sniped earlier) to the other side of the plug. then he soildered oppisite dean plug ( one is male one is female) to the battery and then just plug it in assuming u got the polarity right (+, -) it tells you right there in the tut. if you take a good look at the pics he has u can see that!! i hope this helped if not sry i tried

F-150 k!ller
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
oooo ok I see. I missread the step. thank you for pointing that out for me.

kenney
05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
but there is one thing that i do not under stand with cell phone batts i know any of the liths CANNOT BE CHARGED DIRECTLY WITH THE CHARGER it needs to go throught the componets in the phone i am un sure if this is true for the ni-mh batts his tut seem to say that it is ok but i would call the phone company and ask that is what i did for the ion and poly liths and they said NO u would cause damage to the batts or my self or the charger so i would double check on that

the only way that i could come up with to charge the batts through the phone is to have a dean plug or what ever type of plug u are using soildered to the phone then plug the bat to the phone and pluge the phone into the charger then of course plug the charger into the wall LOL

subarukid05
05-10-2006, 11:16 PM
or just buy liths for about $25 and have double the power of wat you trying to figure out.lol

F-150 k!ller
05-10-2006, 11:34 PM
the only way that i could come up with to charge the batts through the phone is to have a dean plug or what ever type of plug u are using soildered to the phone then plug the bat to the phone and pluge the phone into the charger then of course plug the charger into the wall LOL

yea or you could just change the end of the charger to the same with the plug on the batts. and then go from there but you may over chaarge them thats the problem..

kenney
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
well i have 4 or 5 cell phone batts so i am trying to do this as cheap as possible but it is really easy to just take it off the mod and shove it in the phone to charge then i know for sure they will not over charge the way i got it rigged up it should work fine but the ni-mh i a not sure if you should charge the batt directly off the charger

pittbull988
05-11-2006, 03:19 PM
how bout u just order a set a liths from JDR..itl bee safer and more reliable that if u make them urself