PDA

View Full Version : Ok Tread bumping, post count

F-150 k!ller
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
ok what is thread bumping? and pittbull998 you agreed woth Crunk on numbs topic and then you were like (and thisd is my 800th!!!! post....b!tches..oh yea!!!) So that sounds kinda weird dosent it....

torredo
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
thread bumping is when you intentionally post
so it comes up top or first in line.
Its a cheat to keep your post seen!!

wicked skyline ryder
05-08-2006, 06:36 PM
thread bumping is when you intentionally post
so it comes up top or first in line.
Its a cheat to keep your post seen!!
that sounds ***... i hope i havent done it

torredo
05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
yea..thats bumping!!

Postcount is called SPAMMING=Continuous non-meaningful posts!

crunk rida
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
why the hell would you post this? can't u pm boske or 1 of the mods? some of the people on her have no brains at all... USE YOUR HEAD NEXT TIME!.

but im not closing this because others that cant think for them selves need to read this.

torredo
05-08-2006, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=F-150 ......then you were like (and thisd is my 800th!!!! post....b!tches..oh yea!!!) So that sounds kinda weird dosent it....[/QUOTE]

This is a form of SPAM-BRAGGING RIGHTS......

LMAO!!

Numbchux
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
in EVERY other forum I'm a member of, it's used to keep a thread that is dying alive. specifically when a question is asked, and it gets overlooked, and goes on unanswered. than the person who posted it can simply bump the thread to the top so that someone might notice it who didn't before.

I don't understand why people put so much value on a post count. just cause someone posts more doesn't mean that they know more! the join date is generally a more accurate representation of a persons experience.

for the record, crunk, since you locked my other thread, it was not directed at you, as I said, it was just an example. unless you just have a guilty conscience (however the heck you spell it), and are more accountable than I thought....

post whoring should not be allowed, but it should just be one all-encompassing rule. if an old thread is obviously bumped up just so that someone can get their post count up, then it should be deleted. if an old thread is bumped up because someone just wasn't paying attention, stumbled across it, and wanted to add their own comment, that's not post whoring, and a light ridecule (i.e. "check the date ;-) " etc.) is plenty. if the thread is bumped for a legit reason, what's the problem?

one last thing, check the for sale section.....torredo made 2 posts, about 2 hours apart, on the exact same topic, and yet, instead of simply adding to the first thread, or editing the last post in it, he created a completely seperate thread for the second......

torredo
05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
ooooo im soooo busted!!

you babbling ****tard!!

Ive had about enough of you, this site and BS that i can possibly handle!

PHUQ

pittbull988
05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
all i said was that if u dont like it leave i cant tell you how many times ive said that....its plain and simple dont wanna follow the rules leave or u will be banned end of story..and it just happened to be my 800th post wft cant i celebrate a lil???

torredo
05-08-2006, 08:54 PM
YOU are an IDIOT!!

Ive had Administators tell me about these pathetic rules
on XMS that will make this site crumble

This is you f@@king attitude !!

Then blow,

This is the END Of my stay here ****4brains

pittbull988
05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
torredo pm sent

F-150 k!ller
05-08-2006, 09:41 PM
all i said was that if u dont like it leave i cant tell you how many times ive said that....its plain and simple dont wanna follow the rules leave or u will be banned end of story..and it just happened to be my 800th post wft cant i celebrate a lil???

what are you talking about?

pittbull988
05-08-2006, 10:36 PM
ok what is thread bumping? and pittbull998 you agreed woth Crunk on numbs topic and then you were like (and thisd is my 800th!!!! post....b!tches..oh yea!!!) So that sounds kinda weird dosent it....

that is wut im talking about...all i said is that if u dont wanna follow the rules leave and then i realized it was my 800th post and i decided to celebrate...and that post was directed to numbchux, the one before torredo decide to flip out for no reason

boob_man
05-08-2006, 11:06 PM
This is the END Of my stay here ****4brains

I'll belive that when I see it.

I personal don't have any problem with bring back old post as long as the post have something to contribute to the tread. However I dont care for post from 2004 coming back with to word replies like "thats cool".

crunk rida
05-09-2006, 12:01 AM

I personal don't have any problem with bring back old post as long as the post have something to contribute to the tread. However I dont care for post from 2004 coming back with to word replies like "thats cool".
EXACTLY! Thats the point im trying to make, that and pulling up old things it gets in the way of newer threads so people cant be helped as fast so its good and bad. :uhoh:

Numbchux
05-09-2006, 05:45 AM

well put man!

I'm not in favor of people digging up very old threads by adding something small like that. but I don't see why there needs to be this huge NEW RULE specifically against bumping. every post is a bump to some extent, whoring and bumping overlap, but there's a difference.

pittbull988
05-09-2006, 03:21 PM
i dont get y u guys got mad at me for celebrating thats kinda weird isnt it....but im with boob/numb on the old thread unless u got a serious ? or something worth bringin it bak up..

crunk rida
05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
i agree with some of what chuxx and boob have said, i will modify the rule later tonight.