PDA

View Full Version : Radioshack Morons

rrrrramos
05-01-2006, 12:28 AM
So theres this NSX thats on display at my local RS. I've tried to get them to sell it to me as what I guess you guys call "scratch and dent" or whatnot. Well the keep refusing to sell it to me, claiming "its broken, it won't reverse" and other things.
Now my question is, how do you all purchase those kinds of display and/or broken/returned products from them? Do they usually have them in a special bin or something? I'd really like to if anything have an NSX body to mess around with and I could probably fix whatever the problem is with the chassis too.
If anyone has any tactics to overcome these idiots let me know please. Thanks.

torredo
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
that is odd they wont sell a used car broken...
Talk to the manager instead

im sure they will, maybe just the employees cant sell it??

good luck buddie

ravevolution
05-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Ya man talk to the manager. Those employess at RS are not the sharpest tools in th shed. I would only think they won't sell it to ya is if an employee has called dibbs on it.

If they do sell it to ya, try to talk them down than what they offer. Like buying a real used car. Also maybe tell them your why interested in it, but DON"T BEG!!! U don't wanna lose your dignity in front of those dorks.:p

I did that a few months ago around Christmas time with a black skyline. It was used and some numbnutz ripped the wires from the batteries to the electronics, they just needed to be resoldered. They offered to sell it to me for like 20 bucks and I talked them down to 10bucks, it was the best 10 dollars I've ever spent.

rrrrramos
05-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Alright thanks guys. I'll have to do that I guess. When me and my friends start drivin them around each other it always turns into a bumper car match so I'd like something to mess around with like that and a body I actually take car of ya know. Plus if I got a gen-1 chassis I could hook that "turbo" I built up to it pretty well cuz I've got a set of the plugs they use to connect the motor and whatnot. Thanks again.

RallyWRX
05-01-2006, 10:37 AM
I've got an NSX. I'll sell ya mine for $35 bucks, but I'll keep the wheels and give you some other wheels. I'll even throw in an unopened all wheel drive kit for $5 more. The car is almost like new.

mini-z_drifter
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
There are many evo's on the shelf at my R shack, i feel your pain rrrrramos. I need to know how to overcome them, how do i try to act really interested??

Monster180
05-02-2006, 04:38 PM
just keep at it. what i did was call the manager. talk to them on the phone where you can have a good convo. they will sell it

rrrrramos
05-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah I went to talk to them today but their manager wasn't there, so I got his hours for tomorrow. Now I've just gotta figure out a good way to get there between class and work. Fun

kenney
05-03-2006, 10:00 PM
some rs guys are pretty decent. i went in tonight to get a set of lights they are 10 bucks here and i told him about my nylon lug nut problem( they keep breakin) and he went out back and brought me spacers and nuts and the locks that come with the CUSTOM RIDZ and they fit perfect they lock good and of course they are metal so they don't break. About buying used cars or cars that have been brought back and fixed just call around to all ur nearest shacks and ask if they have any out back they will give u 20 bucks off there is only one shack in my city that sends them in fixes them then sells them cheap they are reg price 69.99 here when they were on sale they were 49.99 so i was buying them for 29.99 can now if i want one from out back i will have to pay 49.99 or wait till they go on sale again and get it for 29.99 so far i bought one of them at sale price 49.99 and 4 of them for 29.99 i just got a skyline yesterday

RallyWRX
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Try different RSs I live in Salt Lake City and there's like million stores around here.

wicked skyline ryder
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
the guys at my store are pretty nice and helpfull im going to see if i can buy their nsx scratch and dent display car