PDA

View Full Version : XMS: Out of hand.......

skyline-rsx392
04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Due to all the flame wars, spamming, and insults XMS will be watched like never before. Any flame wars or insulting replys will be deleted and the member will be temporarely banned and if it happens again permanantly banned. The mod team is doing all it can to keep it all under control but we also need your help and coloboration. Consider this a warning for all members.

crunk rida
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
thank you!

RodsRUs
04-11-2006, 06:24 PM
but shouldent mods do that anyways? like even if its a very clean site you should still always watch really carfully..

boob_man
04-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I've tried but I don't have any legs to walk on.

torredo
04-11-2006, 06:35 PM
this is the point ive been trying to cross with this site!
Mods need to be around to keep it clean. A well moderated
site will just be for a nicer site to visit and thus bringing in
more peeps.

No one likes a crap site like XMW except spammers....lol

crunk rida
04-11-2006, 06:37 PM
i say we need a new mod, i say Team AMG.

boob_man
04-11-2006, 06:41 PM

or maybe we could be assigned to differet areas of the forum, then it would be harder to miss a post, also we could use a moderators forum to disscuss this kind of stuff in private.

I like that idea. We dont neccesaraly need boske to arrange that but if he could, great! I say all mods disscuss what secssion they would like to moderate and nothing else.

RodsRUs
04-11-2006, 07:08 PM
kk so your saying you guys dident even have your own areas to mod?? Well I think its about time and also... add a new mod I bet AMG would.. Like no wonder it wasent getting the attention it needed..everyone just floated around!

Team AMG
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM

I appreciate the confidence. You guys may have noticed I'm selling off my cars, that don't mean I'm exiting XMODS, just starting over.

One of the things we do on another forum I moderate for is have specific area's mods cover, usually cooresponding to that mods knowlegde or interest. Like me, I would do OK in the appearance section, and sections dealing with stock RS parts. Others would be great at the highly technical things like installing FET's and Lith's. Others would be great on vendor reviews and parts. Putting different guys where they want would be easy, just have each mod list 5 area's they want and go with that. Any uncovered areas have a rotating schedule. Have guys patrol it on set days. So say the schedule looks like this:

Mod A
1.Beginners Questions
2. Events
3. For Sale/Buyers Feedback
4. Announcements
5. Dream Cars
6. Rotating: General on Tuesday and Thursday

This forum is the largest and most active XMOD forum I know of, if you look at the total postings and members. We have our share of spammers, gits and snerts, but we also have some extremely talented guys that are frustrated like crap because they have this head full of ideas and can't find an outlet. This could be it. There's a lot of things that are out of hand to be sure, language being one of them. This isn't myspace, we should hold this forum to a higher standard.

torredo
04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
(torredo sits back & watches....)

MattSPORT
04-14-2006, 05:18 PM
hello guys i am based in the uk and fairly new to xmods. But i must say your forum is great some uk forums have nothing but insults so ii dont think there is to much of a problem on your site.

Team AMG
04-14-2006, 07:32 PM
(torredo sits back & watches....)

ROFL!!! I take it that this was suggested before then....

torredo
04-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I PM'd Boske and still no Moderation....Guess im no longer needed?

oh well!

kidZim
04-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Jeeze, Torredo, Don't you like popcorn :P

Also.. I know I just joined, but I don't see much bickering here. My main forum is just people flaming eachother, while they wait for more news on the PS3 and GTA4.

Team AMG
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Kidzim, there's been some, even I've been guilty of it, but the frustration of dealing with certain situations made that a very difficult problem for me. The mods finally stepped in and took the appropriate action. There needs to be more of that but maybe with a tad quicker response, and I think that's where this string is getting to.
I own two forums, one for airsoft and one for 1/12th and 1/10th scale road cars, the airsoft forum was getting completely out of hand, unfortunately we had to ban about 1/4th of our members for spamming, flaming and open threats. It almost killed the forum but you can't sit back and allow a given amount of your members to ruin it for everyone.