PDA

View Full Version : skylines in the usa

joshm101
04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
hey do you guys see lots of skylinesin the states? im in canada and i think we have different rules. i was talking to this guy in seattle and he said you have to update the liscense of the car every 6 months ? in canada the car has to be 15 years old and pass an inspection , but after that everything else is free, no more inspections , just one. i just wanna see what you guys think about it. loo kat this website , all prices in canadian for car already imported , cant wait till im 21 :D http://www.importconcern.ca

Numbchux
04-05-2006, 02:35 AM
I've heard many different stories about importing non-USDM cars to the USDM....

but, my understanding is that a number of them need to be imported and crash-tested to pass the USDM safety standards. That's why there are a few Porsche 959s and skylines (just to name a couple) here. But things like the subaru impreza 22b are just too rare to be imported and licensed as a street car here.

Nayr
04-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Numbchux is bang on the money....the states is a pain for imports...need crash tests and so on. while in Canada...i own a skyline...you only need 2 inpsections (out of country and out of province) then once those past its done deal no more anything....that 6 month thing is crap. And those prices on import concern are not correct. thats what it cost to buy the car while its in japan still. then you need to pay those inspections, fix what ever the inspections say are wrong, you need to pay GST on the price and you need to pay over 1000 for shipping. so basically. Add roughly 5000 to the price you see them advertising it for, and id say you got it extremly good if you pay less then that.

joshm101
04-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Numbchux is bang on the money....the states is a pain for imports...need crash tests and so on. while in Canada...i own a skyline...you only need 2 inpsections (out of country and out of province) then once those past its done deal no more anything....that 6 month thing is crap. And those prices on import concern are not correct. thats what it cost to buy the car while its in japan still. then you need to pay those inspections, fix what ever the inspections say are wrong, you need to pay GST on the price and you need to pay over 1000 for shipping. so basically. Add roughly 5000 to the price you see them advertising it for, and id say you got it extremly good if you pay less then that.

the thing you wrote about import concern is wrong. every price is the car inspected and imported. i talked tothis guy named christian.i couldnt believe it either but thats the price imported already.

ravevolution
04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I say the reason probably why the prices are reasonable is look at the year of the car and mileage.

1985_RX-7
04-08-2006, 11:20 PM
You just have to find the correct importer, i forget the name, but very good reputation, you find the car and give him the money to import it and do all the DOT stuff and your good to go.

SlickEVO
06-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Those are all either R32's or R33s, both of which are legal, after testing, in the US. You're cold busted if you're caught with an R34, tho.

xmodalloy
06-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Old No More Posting On This Thred Please Close.

RodsRUs
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
yea really alloy stop being so consearned with what other ppl do!