PDA

View Full Version : fried fet

kenney
04-01-2006, 12:02 AM
ok i put 8.4 volts in my mustang (65) it was all ready to go i put the antena on, went to put the body on and i watched as smoke rolled out from the car then i noticed that the antena touched a battery. so now i need to replace the fet now is there four that i see, do i have to replace all of them, and if any one has a tut. on them that would be a bid help i am not sure if i can soilder those tiny areas. some body please!!!!!! ( it looks like only one of them fried only one of them was all white. By mr asking if there is four cause i see two on the top fo the board and two on the underneth? is this right?

does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for a stock fet for a generation one not the evo

crunk rida
04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
thats does not make any sense, what did it do to your car? will it not run? or will it cut out after about 5 feet? if it cuts out then u fried ur range which has nuthin to do with the fet. it the 8.4 messed up the the the fet than u need to replace the fets on the bottom.

kenney
04-01-2006, 08:33 PM
on the bottom? (the antena touched the battery terminal) ok right on the bottom, now will i just have to replace the one that looks fried or both that are on the bottom? and i am still looking for a schmatic for the mosfet, would you be able to help with a pic for that the numbers on the stock one are (A1792 C 511), now i have a mosfet that i got out of a old car stereo the numbers are (CA0008 AM 285) would this one work as a temp. replacment? oh and the car does nothing!

crunk rida
04-01-2006, 09:28 PM
NOTHING? when u turn it on do the wheels turn when u move the wheel? does it go forward or backward when u hit the throttle? if it does nothing ur screwed.

kenney
04-02-2006, 10:01 AM
ok so how screwed? if the fet are fried is the servo still suppose to function cause when i turn it on nothing happens at all cause if i just need to replace the fet that is no problen i just need to get some but as i just asked. When the fet is fried does any part of the car still function?

crunk rida
04-02-2006, 06:20 PM
the fets are just the motor.. meaning you can fry them and the servo should still turn, if it does not then it could be dead forever. do you have the racing crystal in it cuz that could be why it does not respond.

kenney
04-03-2006, 12:07 AM
i put the crystal in cause it was not hoping that was the porblem........and no the fets get hot like to hot to touch hot and the servo , motor nothing will run the batteries are both in car and remote. both crystals are in i even replaced the range cunducters and the fets get so hot u can not touch them it only takes 2 seconds for them to get that hot what else could cause this? i can not figure this one out any info would help right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uuuurrrrrrrr

torredo
04-03-2006, 01:59 AM
PM sent

kenney
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
ok so i tried a car and hooked the 8.4 up in it the servo runs fine but not the drive motor so i then hooked the stock batts up and it runs fine so i now can't figure out why the drive motoe won't run with 8.4 volts any advice?

crunk rida
04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
well i hate to day this happened to me buti fried my ep last night too white smoke came from the top fets (servo) and now all it does is turn o the left all the time. power= two 3.7v li-ion cells.

joshm101
04-25-2006, 11:24 PM
This Is Not A Tutorial !

pittbull988
04-25-2006, 11:26 PM
moved to general

wicked skyline ryder
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
This Is Not A Tutorial !
agreed

xmodalloy
05-26-2006, 05:46 PM