PDA

View Full Version : Miin-Z mod. for Xmod chasis?

ravevolution
03-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I've seen on one site (site not mentioned cause well the moderator deleted my last thread when I mentioned it:shrug: ) Well this site was selling unpainted stock Mini-Z bodies.

Just wondering if anybody knows how to mod a Mini-z body so they can fit on a x-mod chasis? I know they are both the same scale. all it is just connection points.:-?

pittbull988
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
the mounting is different u have to fab up ur own idk if there the same size but the should be...i dnt think u can buy n e thing off this website

ravevolution
03-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Thats whats im guesin, I'll have to see what im dealin with when I order the stock-unpainted bod and get it in the mail.:eyecraz:

valkrie hunter
03-06-2006, 11:11 PM
what car are you getting?...and how much is it?...is it really worth getting a
mini z body?...

ravevolution
03-07-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm thinkng of gettin a skyline body for my skyline chasis. It's only like 22 bucks. Whats great is its not painted and all the parts like the windshield and lights are seperate pieces, so ya don't have mask off the areas like you would on a xmods body.:)

color0
03-07-2006, 02:23 AM
i suppose you're talking about rckenon? i got an unpainted nsx from them.

the mounts you'll have to do impromptu. on my impreza, since i had lithium batteries, i fit my shell on the chassis the way i wanted it, poured the tacky glue over the gap (between batteries and body) to make a 'mold', let the whole thing dry, separated the glue mold from the batteries (while keeping the glue on the shell), and voila. it fits very snugly for me, the body doesn't rattle or anything. the glue has that added dampening effect in case you t-bone or get t-boned by something on the track.

ravevolution
03-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Actually I was gettin the body from Atomicmods, but ill check out that site too.

kigamkcalb17
03-07-2006, 09:05 AM
whats so bad about metioning atomic mods ive said it many times an people have put up like for tons of other xmods sites, and it you notice alot of time at the top of this page where it says adds by google, they have atomicmods listed there sooo yea... but it wouldnt be hard to make a custom mount i was thinkin about buying a miniz body from the hobby shop up the road they have all that miniz crap.

maggot666
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
dont forget to check ebay they have mini z bodies already painted and have the clip for the evos and some gen1 installed