PDA

View Full Version : new li poly charger

arillious
02-28-2006, 07:29 AM
when i got my new li poly charger the instructions said to charge the batteries when i first got them. i plugged them up and they've been plugged up for like an hour or 2. the charger is a fail safe one so the lights come on when its charged or maybe its the other way around... what ever. any way how exactly does the charger work and the whole chargin the li poly batteries?

thanks if you can help :)

ok p.s. i just hooked up my new lipoly pack to my xmod evo and i heard a little "tssss" and then some smoke, not alot of smoke just some faint smoke for like 2 seconds and that was it. my car didn't move when i tryed to make it too, nothing happend. anyone know whats goin on? did something fry or is that normal since the car is alway in the "on swtich " mode and im just hooking up the batteries.

punishment
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
li-poly's are delicate, something happened to them either during transit, OR while you were installing them etc...
if they started smoking, then they are shot, you are **** lucky they didnt blow becouse it wouldnt of have been pretty. where did you purchase them from?

pittbull988
02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
well that sucks looks like ur gunna new to order a new pair

arillious
02-28-2006, 06:55 PM
i hooked my batteries up too some wires and then attached the wires to the motor it self and the motor ran fine, but when i hook the batteies through the board, the **** wont work! i think the board is fryed

yea?

so the bateris have power i ran a direct connection from them to the motor and the motor man ran like crazy! so powerful.

arillious
02-28-2006, 06:57 PM
umm where is a good place to buy a ep for the evo with stacked fets AND IS doen professionally cause really now im not buying from that site anymore and thats that.

crunk rida
02-28-2006, 08:07 PM
get 1 from a rs diplay.

arillious
02-28-2006, 08:58 PM
umm sorry whats rs diplay? radio shack sells stacked fet boards for the x mod evo?

punishment
02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
umm sorry whats rs diplay? radio shack sells stacked fet boards for the x mod evo?
radio shack doesnt sell fet boards, LOL

where did you buy the lithiums from?