PDA

View Full Version : airbrush flake

kigamkcalb17
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
does anyone know where i can pick up some metallic flake that will be fine enough to go through an airbrush, thanks.

RodsRUs
02-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Go to your local hobby shop and testers makes lacquer paints In like bigger 30ml bottels (thats canadian system) and its made for lexan gas/electric car bodys. you can get gold or silver metal flake mixed with a clear so all it is, is metal flake. I use it threw my air brush for my models but dont know how well it will work on are xmods. But its cheap enough to try.

kigamkcalb17
02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
ill have to try hobby shop an the rc shop, thanks bro not exactly what i wanted but it would work, i want some to mix into the paint but this will do thanks alot though

RodsRUs
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
ya homez you can mix it with paint!
you cant just put flake into paint cus the paint will cover the flake and you will just end up with a super textured paint job. But this you can mix but heres the step to lay flake and say your painting the car red ok?

1) lay your primer
2) lay a solid dark red for the car to be a deep red and lay a light for the oposite
3) lay your flake and wet sand in-between coats to keep the roughness down. ( the more layers you do the more flake)
4) lay a transparent red with a little flake in it and wet sand in-between coats of that also.
5) then clear and wet sand and keep repeating till your happy.
Thats just a short little basic step by step you know how to prep surfaces and stuff and wet sand your primer and that ****.
So have fun hope that helps