PDA

View Full Version : problem with my xmod

shane
02-11-2006, 09:15 AM
i just bought a x mod and its stoped working. what is happing is like there is no signal being recieved from the remote. when i turn the car on it twitchs but thats all it does. i have changed the cryistals and the remote and still have had no look. any idea wehat the problem could be? i realy want get it going again

thank. shane

punishment
02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
could be many problems. please be more speciffic, what dod you do to it since u have owned it?

Stormin2u
02-11-2006, 07:47 PM
does it twitch once and stop or continue to twitch? If it only twitches once and stops it might be your switch.

gearhead
02-11-2006, 07:55 PM
does ur motor work?
are you geting constan power?
what crystals are in the Rx(receiver) and Tx(transmitor)?
how many volts are running throught the system? is your 9v batt good?
does the motor make a noise but not move?
are you running any votlage aditives (5 and 6 cell lithiums)
if u are runnin lith. what kind li-po or li-ion?

U NEED TO BE VERY DESCRIPTIVE. i can think of at least 50 thing it could be

pittbull988
02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
just return it and get a new one for free

shane
02-12-2006, 08:25 AM
the only things i have done to it is add a motor upgrade. he stering on it just twitches once and the motor does noting. they are the standered batteries and new crystals.

i cant return it as i bought it in the US but i live in ireland so its not that easy lol

valkrie hunter
02-12-2006, 10:13 AM
this is a season 2 car right?....if it is....your teeth might not be together with the other teeth.. im guessing the problem may be in the rear axle...or that thing you can take out in the back to expose the last teeth that makes the rear wheels turn

crunk rida
02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
season 2 wtf? lol it could be your FETs does the wheels turn when u turn it on and steer?

gearhead
02-12-2006, 07:36 PM
did u run it out when road was wet?
is it a gen 1 or 2

shane
02-14-2006, 02:08 PM
never ran it outside at all. never got wet either. i dont know what gereration it is. its a yello skyline. the car is doing absalutly noting. just twitchs(the stearing) the moto does noting and the wheels dont move. its like the remote is not on:roll_eye:

punishment
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
try to cram the switch in the ON position, sometimes the switch is the problem in the 1st gen cars, Also you said you did the motor upgrade, loosen the motor heatsink a tad, but not allot.
Sit down and have a beer while doing this, Guiness to be exact.
now that you have had your beer, your next task is to come.

Check the connections and check closely on the battery terminals.

If the connections are good, and your still having problems, your range inductors are fried. did you take the batteries out when u put the motor upgrade in?