PDA

View Full Version : Another xmods forum

modhead
01-31-2006, 08:44 AM
There is a new xmods forum starting on acmexmod.com. They are also trying to get a new racing series going in Cleveland.

punishment
01-31-2006, 09:04 AM
correct me if im wrong, but isnt there already to many xmod forums?

modhead
01-31-2006, 09:06 AM
but hey, better to many than not enough, right

boske
01-31-2006, 09:38 AM
You only need 1...Xmodsource.com :)

Team AMG
01-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Spoken like a true Admin there Boske.

Actually I'm a member of 3 forums, each has it's own unique approach to the hobby, and each has it's own benefits. All of them contain great information on the technical level, one has a good listing of replacement part numbers which I find a very valuable resource, one has other types of small scale R/C, such as Zip's and Micros.

All of them have very high standards in their postings, it would be hard to set one above the other. I have been a member here for just over a year, so I do consider this forum my "home", but that doesn't mean I don't visit other places too.

The only forum, or website you could say since the forum is a joke, that I wouldn't recommend is the actual Radio Shack froum at xmodrc.com. I'm sorry, but when each and every post has to be approved by anal retentrive moderators, that's not freedom of expression, that's repression. I tried for 2 weeks to get my posting for the Fresno XRL posted, each time it came back as containing unacceptable language. There was nothing more than "all ages, all classes, trophies and prizes" in the posting. As I said....anal retentive.

So keep up the good job here, at Infernal and at XMODMaddness.

boske
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Spoken like a true Admin there Boske.

Actually I'm a member of 3 forums, each has it's own unique approach to the hobby, and each has it's own benefits. All of them contain great information on the technical level, one has a good listing of replacement part numbers which I find a very valuable resource, one has other types of small scale R/C, such as Zip's and Micros.

All of them have very high standards in their postings, it would be hard to set one above the other. I have been a member here for just over a year, so I do consider this forum my "home", but that doesn't mean I don't visit other places too.

The only forum, or website you could say since the forum is a joke, that I wouldn't recommend is the actual Radio Shack froum at xmodrc.com. I'm sorry, but when each and every post has to be approved by anal retentrive moderators, that's not freedom of expression, that's repression. I tried for 2 weeks to get my posting for the Fresno XRL posted, each time it came back as containing unacceptable language. There was nothing more than "all ages, all classes, trophies and prizes" in the posting. As I said....anal retentive.

So keep up the good job here, at Infernal and at XMODMaddness.

Yeah I don't even like the layout they have over there at xmodrc.com. It's confusing and hard to read all the threads....:nodno: