PDA

View Full Version : Scored!!

Team AMG
01-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, I went and bought my first Evolution XMOD day before yesterday, and like I planned I got the Mitsubishi Evo VIII, the body kit, racing suspension and spring/steering upgrade, and a full bearing kit along with the AWD. First, a few comments on the parts.

The Racing Suspension Upgrade is a waste of money unless you're raising the car about 1/16". The "lowered" suspension bracket is identical to the stock one.
The AWD system causes the car to lose a lot of power. A lot of power, maybe 1/3rd of it is gone. Save the money and go faster without it.
The Steering and Spring Upgrade is the best money spent, you get some new springs and tie rods that really make a difference.

Next, the Evo's are so much easier to work on, there's no way to even compare them. Then we get into the SCORE part of this thread...

http://www.xmodsource.com/gallery/files/850-MVC-233S.JPG

What you see here are 6 cars, 2 of them Classics and 4 Evo's. Of the six, I paid about $140 for one and all of the accessories. The other 5 I paid exactly....EXACTLY $25 for. That's right, 5 XMODS, $25. All were "scratch and dent" items, and all, with a little work, are now running. I also have one extra Classic chassis that is now a parts car. I figure that was 3 Evo's for $60 each, and 2 Classics at $50 each for a total of $280 for just $25. SCORE!!!

One needed a bushing in the rear end, some kid took it apart putting on the disk brake hubs and lost the bushing. Another is missing the battery box cover. One was missing the antenna, and one was missing the transmitter crystal. All of these were returned to RS as "defective". Cost to get them all running again was less than $20, and as of tonight all but one is working, parts are coming for the last one and should be here by Monday.

So I called a few of the stores, and with the help of my pal at my regular 'Shack, I have a truck and another Evo (another Infiniti) waiting for me to pick up in the morning. Cost? $10 for the Evo, $10 for the truck. Man, I finally have entered into the world of XMODS....

5.0saleen
01-27-2006, 01:31 AM
that is wicked. We cant swing that kinda deal up here in can. there all classics anyways, and some of the "source"s only carry very little in xmod stuff so its hard to swing a deal. Congrats on the loot though

Team AMG
01-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, if I continue to score like this (and I did yesterday, another 2 Evo's) I may send one to the fourm for them to give a way for a promo or something. I now have a total of 9 cars in various states of repair. I gave one Mitsubishi and one Infinity to my nephews, built up one Infinity as a drifter, I have a Ford F-150 that will be done as a Baja 1000 desert truck, and another Infinity, fate as yet undecided. The two extra cars cost me $10 each.

RodsRUs
01-27-2006, 11:14 AM
MAN! i cant belive the deals on those

Team AMG
01-27-2006, 11:24 AM
It's just a matter of using the correct language. An unsellable item that has been returned is generating zero revenue, and shrinks profits. You can help with the shrinkage of the store by letting the managers know "Look, you have these cars, you can't sell them as new, they're sitting back there collecting dust, sell them to me for $10 each, and I'll guarentee I'll be back in here, buying bearings, body parts, suspension and motors for that car." All of a sudden a zero revenue item is generating revenue, even if they have to take an initial loss. XMODS cost Radio Shack a total of $18 each for the Evo's, $15 each for the Gen 1's new...that is a fact. I have seen the invoices and I know. Where they make the money is in accessories. It's best to go to am RS where you've done a lot of business, where they've seen your cash come in. Make friends, hang out when it's slow, take your car in and let them drive it. That's what I do, and now I'm connected with them. And the really cool thing is that the manager of the store I'm connected with is the area manager for 5 stores in Fresno and Clovis.

DRIFTMASTER
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
nice hehehe i should try this

pittbull988
01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
i tried this a couple of times and every time i got a no

RallyWRX
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey, at least you tried.

crunk rida
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
good job! cheapest i ever got an xmod 4 is $25 and one for $35 w/ body kit

pittbull988
01-27-2006, 05:53 PM
i got one for $10 before from a friend it came with an extra body and motors, tires rims, almost all the accersories.ill post of pics of wut i have soon when i load the program on th comp

Team AMG
01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
This is for the little 13 year old git from Trenton, NJ who PM'd me calling me a liar about this thread, saying his dad is a Radio Shack manager and it's against policy to see them that cheap....

http://www.xmodsource.com/gallery/files/850-MVC-270S.JPG

There's your proof you little goober, if your dad is really an RS manager then tell him to get you deals like this. I'll save you the embarrasment of listing your name here in the forum, but next time think about who you may be accusing.

hummermodder
02-01-2006, 02:48 AM
yeah i score stuff like that to for a good price my last score was 5 xmods for 30 dollars all complete some needed minor work like wires soldered on and range repair

Team AMG
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I should have really blown his mind and told him about the 10 Zip Zap's I bought for $1 each...