PDA

View Full Version : Classics vs. Evolutions

Team AMG
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Since I had to cancel my WRX project because of lack of parts support locally I've turned my sights to the new cars. I looked at what was on the racks today, very impressive, but how, compaired to the Classics, do the new cars run?

I've narrowed my focus to the Mitsubishi and the Infinity. Honestly the EvoVIII just looks more impressive, and I'm about 99.93% convinced that it will be the next car I own. Since the club racing we do is not only curcuit but some point-to-point it would be better to stay with a WRC type vehicle. I've already been informed that the "Stage 3" motors are just the Evolutions versions of the Stage 2, and the AWD system looks a lot more simple than tha classics version. The suspension upgrades also look promising, so here's my parts list, regardless of which car I get;

Stage 3 Motor Upgrade, Racing Suspension Tuning Upgrade, High Performance Suspension and Steering, AWD Upgrade, and Bearings.

I guess the first question is; are the Racing Suspension and Performance Suspension redundant? I'd like tighter corners but the firmness of a tunable suspension. Which is better or should I invest in both? Any help will be appreciated as always.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mckays2003/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/amgevodraw.jpg