PDA

View Full Version : 9V battery question

racinghearted
12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
can i hook up a 9V battery to my XMOD withou making it expensive..bettery yet if i can hook up a 9V battery witout spending any money?i have a black 2000 honda civic

other questions
-any way to hook it up without frying/damaging anthing?
-will it fit?
-do i have to spend money?

thanks for the help :)

RodsRUs
12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
YES IT WILL FRY YOUR BOARD!
if your looking not to spen too much hook up the 6 cell set up it is the next best thing to lith's heres the how to on it http://www.xmodsource.com/docs/install_6cell_xmod.php

minesskylineracer
12-23-2005, 01:27 PM
YES IT WILL FRY YOUR BOARD!
if your looking not to spen too much hook up the 6 cell set up it is the next best thing to lith's heres the how to on it http://www.xmodsource.com/docs/install_6cell_xmod.php u wont fry your board it just shortens the life span of it a 9v battery slows your car down there is not point in it six cell is the way 2 go besides lith so do the six cell if u want power and if u really want 9v then use alkaline batteries instead of rechargable it wont fry your car

gearhead
12-23-2005, 09:20 PM
questions

1. some times
2. yes
3. yes

darthshawn
12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
yo, you can hook up a 9v battery to your car with out frying it! i hooked up two 9Vs today without frying it. if you want to hook one up you can but there is usually no room for it anywhere. if you do, remove the AAAbattery holder and place the 9v on the side. the problem is that some car bodys are not wide enough to hold the 9v. it gives the motor more power but it also adds weight which reduces the proformance and slow it down slightly(still aster then with AAAs).

if you plane to hook a 9v though you would need:

1. 9v battery
2. 9v battery clip thingy
3. soldering iron
4. glue

these things are not expensive and can be bought at radioshack/source

darthshawn
12-23-2005, 10:10 PM
yo, you can hook up a 9v battery to your car with out frying it! i hooked up two 9Vs today without frying it. if you want to hook one up you can but there is usually no room for it anywhere. if you do, remove the AAAbattery holder and place the 9v on the side. the problem is that some car bodys are not wide enough to hold the 9v. it gives the motor more power but it also adds weight which reduces the proformance and slow it down slightly(still aster then with AAAs).

if you plan to hook a 9v though you would need:

1. 9v battery
3. soldering iron
4. glue

darthshawn
12-23-2005, 10:11 PM
whoops did that twice,lol

gearhead
12-26-2005, 09:28 PM

if you plan to hook a 9v though you would need:

1. 9v battery
3. soldering iron
4. glue

i can bull on you

gearhead
12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
hold on did u do it in series or parallel circut

darthshawn
01-02-2006, 02:47 AM
i did it in parallel

blackrsx
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
can u use AA instead or will it fry it
:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

darthshawn
01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
dude you will never probably fry it unless u put like a **** load of volts on it and even if u did it would be so heavy hat its pointless or it wouldnt fit in the body

darthshawn
01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
oh and i forgot this AA batteries are 1.5 volts and AAA batteries are 1.5 voltss too but AA last longer

torredo
01-05-2006, 09:07 PM
alkalyne batteries are 1.5v
nimh rechargeables are 1.2 v

darthshawn
01-06-2006, 11:15 PM
if u use nimh rechargeble batteries then u just will have less voltage will is bad

pittbull988
01-08-2006, 11:58 PM
if i were u i would just save up for liths

darthshawn
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
wat? wat r u talking about? everyone knows that liths r better but we r not talking bout dam battery types in the first place this is about hookin 1 9volt or 2 to your xmod. im just sayin, Who cares!!,about the type! all that matters is that u can hook up dam 20 volts with out breakin anything on ur dam car.