PDA

View Full Version : so you like xmods but want more body styles?

mabbonizio186
10-09-2005, 01:00 PM
ok, so you like xmods, the chasis, suspension, electronics, but want a different body style, forget the ricers, and jap crap, you want a mercedes, volkswagen, audi, porsche, bmw, ferrari, maserati! right? well i have you answer and its not buying a 1:28 scale plastic model. if you are into classic cars like me, and want a really cool one then you gotta check this out. my dad has a 1954 mercedes 300S cabriolet ( the fastest production car of the 50's) and i really wanted a model of it which was remote control. so i went to the hobby shop and bought a dicast ( yes dicast) model of one. then tore it apart and replaced the rear of the car w/ an xmod rear, and put the servos and everything else up front.whats great about it is it is like my dads car, it has the same swing axle suspension, and all that stuff, so its a great looking model, yet a fun car to drive in a parking lot. i got some lithium ions and used them as a power sorce and this car kicks *** in syle. so i would love to do a conversion for anyone interested, or can make a tutoral on how to do it, since this is not very detailed. its really cool, and i will try to post some pics of it shortly.

torredo
10-09-2005, 01:09 PM

nitroburn
10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Excuse me, "Jap crap" That offends me because you don't know the meaning of customizing cars. "Jap crap" can be customized in alot more ways than your snobby european cars(they are still great cars). If you've seen the Fast and the Furious or been to a car show you will find out that after some performance upgrades, a Ricer can smoke your mercedes, volkswagen, audi, porsche, BMW, ferrari and maserati anyday.

ANYWAYS, you put a diecast body on an Xmod?!? Well even with the Li-ions, the weight of the body will affect your performance greatly. I reccomend that you stick with plastic model shells even though sometimes they can be a hassle. Besides, the work you put into the car is half the hobby!

torredo
10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
guess my post never went through?

i pretty much said the same thing....Die-cast = TOO heavy

mabbonizio186
10-11-2005, 05:16 PM

Chrisb319
10-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Those are fighten words!
Pic?

skyline-rsx392
10-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Its a good Idea though :roll_eye:

racinghearted
12-22-2005, 12:00 AM
"jap crap" owns any of your cars anytime. you must be on drugs or something to but die-cast on xmod. you should of just left the benz be.
:***:

blackrsx
12-22-2005, 12:16 PM
:redfin: