PDA

View Full Version : Subaru

RallyWRX
09-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I bought me the Subaru and could a sworn it was turning sharper and a little bit quicker than my Skyline so I thought my Skyline was just kind of a lemon and since I had it all modified for drifting I couldn't compare 'em side by side. So then I got me the NSX with the coupon and wouldn't ya know it, the Subaru is little faster and has much better turning radius.

So my theory is that since the Subaru was made so much longer after the other cars that they put the better electronics in them, the stuff they will be using for the next gen xmods. But I also dont' have any of the Hot Rod Xmods so I don't know if they steer like the Subaru.

I was so impressed with my Subaru that I almost bought another one instead of the NSX but I thought I would take the chance on the NSX being as good. It's not. I wanted to have two good stockers to race against friends but oh well, I guess I'll just mod the crap out of it. It's pretty good looking.

jpringlephoto
09-15-2005, 01:25 AM
The point that the NSX is a short shaft car and the Subaru is a long shaft model might make some difference in your turning radius performance. If you really want to test it. Set up a tight circle and just switch the electronics to see if you have questions. Or just turn both cars upside down and turn right or left and measure the two side by side. Another thing to look for is if all four wheels free roll. A tight wheel can hinder good performance.

RallyWRX
09-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I'll look at those things.