PDA

View Full Version : Firelap AWD 2.4ghz IW04M review

Customizer
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I searched high and low online for Firelap IW04M RC car reviews but i found very little information . What i did find was 1 excellent review that , unfortunately, is now slightly outdated because Firelap has changed the latest Firelap RC offering by providing a new & better transmitter and a different (at the very least color) chassis.

The short version for those that dont want to read a long review:
I'd rate the Firelap IW04M at a 7 or 8 out of 10. The class of the 1/28th RC world is said to be Kyoshos Mini Z . IF we accept that then i'd rate a Mini Z a perfect 10 and the Firelap, if you get one with no problems right out of the box, at at least a 7 and a high of 8. Kyosho Mini Z's electronics might be fantastic but the 2.4ghz IW04M electronics i have aren't bad and it's better than XMODS of any type based upon what i've been told by multiple owners of both the XMOD and IW04M. The Firelap AWD is a solid, fast car with proper steering and good handling . The swing shafts leave something to be desired so be prepared to manually fix or replace them with better versions. I personally had trouble with one out of the box . It wasn't broken but it did bind at first and needed to be "fixed". Another unlucky person actually had all 4 break. Again, be prepared for that just in case. Some have reported differential binding in the older grey IW04M chassis but i have not experienced this with the black and white colored IW04M chassis. If you can find one for less than $100 shipped i personally believe it's worth it if there are no flaws out of the box but some might debate that. If you find it for less than $80 shipped take it and run . Fast.

toomuchtodo
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the short review. I 've sold all my xmods and looking to replace them with these for friends and family to use when they come over. I have some Mini-Z but hate to let an inexperienced driver use them. The kids that can drive tend to drive wrong way and have head on collisions.:mad:

From what you see are parts from MA-010 going to fit the IW04.