PDA

View Full Version : Mods gone rong

kevin
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I made a mistake while changing my enginge last nite... i went to screw the batteries back on i noticed the wires were still attached to the body but the actual holder isnt but the longblack that connect the two together is stilll there, can it be fixed or is it done for

SwedishRacer
08-11-2004, 11:30 AM
take a picture and i will try to help you

viperdout
08-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I too cannot understand what is wrong. Pic?

ninja828
08-14-2004, 02:14 AM
i think he means that the crappy RS wires broke off from the batt holder. the long black wire that connects the two holders is still there but it sounds like the other wire(s) broke off.

-kevin,
you would need to use a soldering iron to be able to fix that. i know that RS sells some soldering irons, but if you're really gonna start moddin up ur xmod then go for a better quality soldering iron than radio shack's. i would reccomend the soldering ONLY if you can do it, otherwise i wouldnt want you to melt anything vital on your xmod.

Dilbones
09-26-2004, 02:41 PM
<i think he means that the crappy RS wires broke off from the batt holder. the long black wire that connects the two holders is still there but it sounds like the other wire(s) broke off.

-kevin,
you would need to use a soldering iron to be able to fix that. i know that RS sells some soldering irons, but if you're really gonna start moddin up ur xmod then go for a better quality soldering iron than radio shack's. i would reccomend the soldering ONLY if you can do it, otherwise i wouldnt want you to melt anything vital on your xmod.>

If this is like he says than, wow you dont know how to solder, Im a 12 year old and I can solder wires, capacitors, and motors.