PDA

View Full Version : Alignment

coodio
08-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi...I'm new to this Xmod seen & have a question. I purchased a used Xmod (Blue Honda Civic with lots of modifications) & it runs fast & great. The only problem I have is the alignment is pulling to the right & I, for the life of me can not find the problem. HELP!!!! Can someone tell me how I can fix this or what the problem might be.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Love this site!!!

trsboy
08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
What d you mean by alighnment? Is it the trim? Do you mean like when you go straight it kinda turns to the right? If so then it is probly your trim you can ajust on the top of your controller.

coodio
08-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, when I try to go straight it goes to the right....I guess it would be the trim then.

I also tried hitting the top button on the controller but it still does not help that much.

Since I bought this used there is no instructions book or anything.

Can you tell me some things about the controller like:
1) What is "Th TRIM - Hi Lo"?!?
2) What is "ST TRIM - L or R" button do?!?

Also do you know where I can buy custom made bodies for the Xmods & parts (besides EBay?!?) such as chassis & things that is not made or sold by RS?!?

Thanks for you help.

trsboy
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
idk what the hi lo thing is i keep mine on high and also turn the trim to the left. I know you have to tap it a bunch of times to get it fixed but after you do it a couple of times run a quick lap or so to see when you think you got it enough. because when i do it i cant just go straight after i ajust the trim a haveto back uop then go straight and just do a quick lap.

coodio
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow....didn't know that....Thanks so mych for you help. Aam learning new things over this site.

Am really getting into this Xmod & actually set up a course in my office to do races with a couple of co-workers :D .

Once I mess with the trim & it does go straight, is it a constant thing I have to do or is it set like that & I wouldn't have to mess with it again?!?

minesskylineracer
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
you hav 2 do it every time u turn off the controller u can center the servo theres a tut on it here somewhere in the how to section then u wont hav 2 mess w/ it again

nitroburn
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
The high-low thing is to adjust the car's steering, hi for tighter turns and low for less tight turning :)

skylinedriver
08-10-2005, 08:19 PM
The high-low thing is to adjust the car's steering, hi for tighter turns and low for less tight turning :)

WRONG! The thumb wheel on the back of the controller is to adjust how much the wheels turn lock to lock. TH. TRIM HI/LO is for the throttle and ST. TRIM is to fine tune the alignment after you center the servo.

coodio
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Wow....That is some great information to know.

Some said that the thumb wheel on the back of the controller was for the frequency though.

To many answers don't know which one to follow...am confused :-? hehehehe

But thanks for everyone's help....Love this site!!!! Since I am new at the Xmod scene....I will have lots & lots more questions so be prepared...hehehehehe :roll_eye:

minesskylineracer
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM

WRONG! The thumb wheel on the back of the controller is to adjust how much the wheels turn lock to lock. TH. TRIM HI/LO is for the throttle and ST. TRIM is to fine tune the alignment after you center the servo.

this guy is right and there is no frequency button