PDA

View Full Version : Drag Testing your XMOD

jimmythekid1
08-06-2005, 09:12 AM
The Best Way I have found to test you XMOD from draging parts is to amps probe the motor using a low amps probe. Simply attach the clamp to the positve or negative battery wire. Hold your cars wheels of the ground and then pull the trigger. The more drag your car has the higher the amps it will pull, the less drag the less amps with be drawn.

This would be the best method to test to see if the bearing upgrade is really worth the money. The only variable would be the charge of the batteries. Soon I with by a bearing kit and run this test and post some numbers and pics.

Also keep in mind with a graphing meter you can calculater the RPM of your motor. Since a XMOD has a Three segment commutator the graph will produce hump each time the brush comes in contact with a segment. So if you have six humps in 10 ms the motor rotated twice in 10ms. Then you can convert this to Minutes and figure out your RPM. This test can be done to test the wear on your motors.

I will try to post more on this topic soon, but I'm busy so no promises.

trsboy
08-06-2005, 02:29 PM
wtf!!! Waste of space! Someone delete this Topic!

phoenixeclipse
08-07-2005, 09:45 PM
wtf!!! Waste of space! Someone delete this Topic!

1. i don't think thats possible now.

2. he edited his post and actually typed what he had to say instead of leaving it blank like it started off

jimmythekid1
08-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I messed up and high lighted the whole original post and deleted it. then I really had some were to go, so I figured I'd just screw around and see if you could accualy do a blank post.

By the way the results were astounding. This site is dying and most of the people left are so uptight, that I might not be sad to see it go.

trsboy
08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
oh im sorry! :)

boob_man
08-13-2005, 10:20 PM
The Best Way I have found to test you XMOD from draging parts is to amps probe the motor using a low amps probe. Simply attach the clamp to the positve or negative .......

What the **** are you talking about?