PDA

View Full Version : HPI Releases RS32 to the States...

MarkM
02-05-2011, 11:08 PM
My local HT USA emailed me last week saying that the HPI RS32 is finally being released to the States! I think it might have started out as a Japan only product but they show it now on their USA website. Only one Calsonic body so far but I'm sure others will follow soon...rumors say it will retail for about $100.00 bucks or so....

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103634/

An article about the release is also featured on bigsquidRC - January 27th...

Enjoy!

Update - My local HT says they may have them in two weeks - breath holding not recommended, however ;-)

xmod noob
02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
it will be closer to $120 rtr from what ive read on other sites and yes there will be more bodys soon a couple more r32`s and a even a volvo estate in british touring car colours

forgot there will be another chassis aswell made from carbon fibre so you cban change the configuration

diff body`s
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/boohoo_2008/hpi-racing-32-c.jpg

FinalGear
02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
w/ HPI backing this product.... will see what will happen

color0
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Isn't it supposed to be 2.4GHz prepared already? That alone justifies any reasonable price HPI puts on the cars. If HPI markets and backs them properly (the marketing's not great right now, but... we'll see) these could be a hit.

acerpower
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Looks like a much better value than the Dnano.
I have a feeling I'd be cursing up a storm if I had to work on something so small.
I'd end up dropping a part on the carpet and I'd be all done.
That probably wouldn't stop me from getting one though.

winner
02-07-2011, 08:11 AM
i want that volvo body when it comes out lol...

tbh the only problem i see why the dnano's and other simular rc's didnt do well was because lack of after market parts and publicity. who knows, this mite just be the first of its kind to be a complete hit

FloydfanYodaman
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
these look interesting...but i am wondering something after looking at the link and xmodnoob's pic...at the bottom of this page is a pic of the car and radio where it appears the car is about the same size as the base of the radio...

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103634/

but in xmodnoob's pic there seems to be 2 different cars there...at the bottom of the page there appears to be the blue skyline they are releasing from the link(going by scale) and another car...but then (to me) the cars on the table appear to be a little larger...closer to the size of the radio in the pic...thoughts? ... maybe something similar to mini-z and xmods?...the bodies are very cool...the 2 - datsuns on the shelf as well as the other 3 on the bottom look very cool...any ideas what the 1st one is?...the 3rd looks like a Pantera to me...and that volvo looks sick too...very interested to see what becomes of these

edit: looking closer appears to be 3 R34, silver, blue and charcoal...and there seems to be the rear corner of a red GT-R as well...and looking at the backgrounds i think it's another type of car coming out along with the smaller scale ones posted above...curiouser and curiouser...

winner
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
the 3rd looks like a Pantera to me...

thats a good guess, i was thinking an older Lotus or a 79ish BMW M1 :-?

reaper
02-08-2011, 04:05 PM
1/32 cars are not that much smaller than our 1/28 xmods just look at zippos 350z drift car that is a 1/32 body on a shortend evo

MarkM
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
My local HT USA just got two in...he hasn't driven them yet but says they look pretty cool...$99.00.

May have to go get one next week...;)

taiwanesekid05
02-10-2011, 12:35 AM
All I can say is, put AWD in it, and I'm sold.