PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z overland

xmodsNSX94
02-05-2011, 01:46 PM
hey guys

just wandering what sort of stuff you can do to a Mini X overland...

well i want to either slam the shell or jack it up.. i thought about super swampers.. but cant get a pic compared to a normal sized wheel ? has any one got one please?
how do they handle off road?
whats the articulation like stock?
anybody know a shop to buy upgrades from?

Thanks in advance
Michael

winner
02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
they probably wouldnt do well off road as they are RWD only.
the articulation is great, much better then the Xtrucks.
you can get parts from just about any mini-z shop like TinyRC, Atomicmods, EGR Mart, etc...

Dr. Kustom
02-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Slammed:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Dr_Kustom/Mini-Z%20OverLand/IMGP0277.jpg

Lifted:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Dr_Kustom/Mini-Z%20OverLand/IMGP0276-2.jpg

That's my old OverLand, already sold it about a year ago. Like winner have said, they are great, suspension is really smooth, handles well for on-road, I used to drift mine. But if you're planning to use it for off-road, then it's not worth getting it, because it's only RWD.

xmodsNSX94
02-05-2011, 05:26 PM
ahh right ok thanks guys... by off road i meant like thick carpet sorry :-?

looks great thanks Dr K are they super swampers in the second picture?

Thanks
Michael

Dr. Kustom
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
They will do alright on carpet.

Yup, those are the Super Swamper tires on the LC100.

Evolution
02-11-2011, 08:56 PM
They are great on carpet! Awsome suspension, steering handling. But really bad outdoors.

greenday
02-12-2011, 02:20 AM
I've seen OL's in "trail" type driving and they always seemed to fair pretty well to me. If you use the included diff locks And threw on some grippy tires, I'd say you'd have a very enjoyable scale experience, having said that, I will agree with everyone else, an Xtruck would go more places with 4x4.

Either way, they're both hard to get ahold of...perhaps try a Losi Micro Crawler on eBay? I've seen RTR's going for $80 or so. Just be sure to search with "Buy-it-now" and "Lowest Price" and you're sure to dig a few up.