PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mini Z

99jdmgsr
02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Well i want to get a mini z, dont know which one to get any opinions? I was looking at a black GTR or a red evo X thats an MA-010. I know they are more expensive then xmods but heard they handle alot better!

Kot
02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
you'll get a lot of mixed opinions on this one, but i believe what im about to say will be the general answer for you:

if you want to drift and mess around, buy an MA-010.
if you want to be competitive and plan on racing other people, get an MR-02 or MR-03.

99jdmgsr
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
ok well maybe I'll get both cuz I love both options! cool thanks for the info

you'll get a lot of mixed opinions on this one, but i believe what im about to say will be the general answer for you:

if you want to be competitive and plan on racing other people, get an MR-02 or MR-03.

but like the xmods to put like a chili I'd still need to stack fetts right? can I stack on the mini z?

dontspamme
02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Yes, you can stack FETs on a Mini-Z and you'll need a FET stack to run the Chilli motor. There has been countless threads comparing Mini-Zs to Xmods. Not to mention, most of your questions can be answered with a search. Attempt to use it next time ;)

99jdmgsr
02-04-2011, 12:59 AM
ok cool yeah I know I think I'm just excited so I'm asking right away instead of looking it up sorry! thanks though

where's a good place to find mini z other than ebay

99jdmgsr
02-05-2011, 01:29 AM

so the ma-010 arent good for actual racing?

winner
02-05-2011, 05:01 PM
so the ma-010 arent good for actual racing?

well tuned MA-010 will desamate all. but you'll spend hours and loads of money fine tuning, your way better off with MR-02/03

99jdmgsr
02-05-2011, 05:41 PM
well i do plan on decking it out but i guess ill prb save more by just getting an mr-02

xmodsNSX94
02-05-2011, 05:46 PM
well it all comes down to racing style and opinion....

i use my MR02 for racing... but thats because i like the way they drive and feel.... where as my ma010 is slightly different which is ehy i only use it for drifting... however it is AWD and with some tuning can be a good car but with miniZs you pay more but you get for what you pay.....

in my opinion id start with an MR02.. and see how you get on... then move on to something else

just my 2Cents! :D

Michael

99jdmgsr
02-05-2011, 06:28 PM
well it all comes down to racing style and opinion....

i use my MR02 for racing... but thats because i like the way they drive and feel.... where as my ma010 is slightly different which is ehy i only use it for drifting... however it is AWD and with some tuning can be a good car but with miniZs you pay more but you get for what you pay.....

in my opinion id start with an MR02.. and see how you get on... then move on to something else

just my 2Cents! :D

Michael

i appreciate the opinions becasue it helps me make my decision but im prob gonna get 1 of each im gonna buy a ma-010 and my fiancee will prob buy me the mr-02 for valentines. but thats what i wanted to get opinions on because i wasnt sure if i should just get 2 ma-010 or 1 ma-010 and a mr-02

color0
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Definitely not two AWD's. If you get hit by the modding bug on an AWD you WILL lose a good bit of your life savings. One each is a good idea if you can swing the money, that way you get a feel for each. A RWD, solid rear axle car drives much differently from an AWD, IRS car, but after tuning you'll find out which car runs better in what situations, and that's always fun to discover. :)

For the record, the MR-03 has thoroughly displaced the AWD in racing environments, the car has more chassis flex than the older MR-02 and so it generates incredible amounts of grip. Racing AWD is still fun simply because you can throw infinite power at it and you don't have to worry about driving finesse. :blush:

99jdmgsr
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
ok i guess the only reason i want a mr-02 is becasue of all the alum parts they have like on asiatees.com