PDA

View Full Version : PS3 invalid format?

xmodsupra01
01-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Long story short: I installed a new update for the game "Red Dead Redemption" and after installing it, my PS3 seemed to kind of, freakout on the audio. Lets say, im gonna play blackops, so I load it up and go to multiplayer, about half way in, the screen goes black and theres a message that reads "Invalid format" I believe Red Dead Redemption has screwed my PS3 over. Any help? Im totally lost on what to do :/

xmodsNSX94
01-22-2011, 04:08 AM
hey man
add me on PSN :
OxG33K_BunNYxO
ill see if i can help :)

TheB1GDude
01-22-2011, 06:45 AM
I think its a video signal issue, I don't think the PS3 is actually broken it just can't figure out how to correctly output the Black Ops graphics.

If you hold down the on button when turning on the PS3 until it beeps once, this will then reset the video to the minimum resolution (Standard Definition). It will then ask you if you want to output using HDMI, press the PS button and select X.

Once you have reset the video stuff give the game another try.

xmodsupra01
01-22-2011, 06:34 PM
I cant add you on PSN right now @xmodsNSX94, because now my PS3 wont even turn on because it reads "invalid format"

@ TheB1Gdude Its not just blackops now, its for red dead redemption, well, every game basically... I formatted the hard disk to see where that got me, it didnt get me anywhere. Its gotten to the point, like i said above, my PS3 cannot turn on because it gives me that message. Ive also tried the standard analog cables, still the same problem. I might have to take it to gamestop to see what they say. Im also going to take red dead redemption, since it started doing this after the update to the game.