PDA

View Full Version : need track!!!

12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
hey i was wondering if u guys have any websites wit hrc track for sale
i know there is atomicmods.com but they dont really have anything to chosse from
so it would be reallly great if u guys have any

winner
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.rcptracks.com/
i found it on MZR but i also tried searching "RCP R/C Tracks" on google and it was the first result.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I shopped around for ..literally years.. before I decided to buy. The cheapest, quality setup I found was to get the mats from ebay (Get Rung).. make the rails with 1/2" PVC and PVC foam insulation.. get some industrial strength velcro to secure to the mats. (You can get the mats on ebay and everything else at Lowes or Home Depot) Check my service thread for photos ans info.. I think it cost me like $80.00 or somthing and is alot larger than a $200.00 track, and is basically the same.

12-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I shopped around for ..literally years.. before I decided to buy. The cheapest, quality setup I found was to get the mats from ebay (Get Rung).. make the rails with 1/2" PVC and PVC foam insulation.. get some industrial strength velcro to secure to the mats. (You can get the mats on ebay and everything else at Lowes or Home Depot) Check my service thread for photos ans info.. I think it cost me like $80.00 or somthing and is alot larger than a $200.00 track, and is basically the same.

thx XXX that does seem the cheapest but can it be taken apart and stored, i wont be able to leave it setup all the time

FloydfanYodaman
12-30-2010, 03:31 PM
...also check out Harbor Freight for the foam mats...usually you can get a pack for $8.99 ON SALE...13 to 15 reg prices...4 foam pieces...16 s.f. ...thats the route i have taken...wish i could do the more expensive set-up...but for now it works...and i have most of the garage covered...when i can actually set it up LOL...i have acquired a dozen packs over time...so 48 pieces...8 wide and 6 deep would make a 16' by 12 ' track surface...i still dont have rails built up...but XXX suggestions are good ideas that you all could set up quickly and easily...now i want to start building some...