PDA

View Full Version : Live from XRL New York

xmod
08-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey, Well i say Live because i meant to create this thread while i was there but i didnt have access to the internet. heh. Well the XRL event was pretty cool. To me, It wasnt as bad as everyone made it sound like it was. I didnt notice any obvios cheating. Im sure there was people that modified their motors (i.e. reducing winds) But you really cant do much about that. There were some PN Racing and Tamiya people there that raced. I know one guy got 4th who was "with" them (I guess friends maybe worked) His car died in the last race, Im sure he would have gotten something like 2nd or so. His car was great. The winner (Didnt catch his name) of the NY event had a yellow skyline. He also got 2nd place in the MA event. I talked to him throughout the event, He's a very nice guy (And his buddy was there, nice guy also :)) I mer some other racers there and we raced outside the event, had some fun heh. Well as for the race it self. Well, I did terrible! This is because my car died!! I had my skyline hooked up with everything i could get from RS and it just didnt work when it got out there. I got it back and put my crystals in it and it worked! I was so happy and they said they would let me race ONE more time. I went out there again, thinking it was working but it didnt :( They took it off the track and looked at it and then it worked! But, I got out there and it just wasnt fast. I completed about 6 laps and this thing was going about half throttle speed when i had it floored. With about 1min left in the race it just died. Well all i needed was 11 or so laps to get to round two which if i had a working car, i know i would have gotten to but thats jsut how the cookie crumbles. As for the event itself such as inspection. Well the inspection was a joke, lol. The guy is a "expert" but he really isnt but he's kinda funny. Well they take the body off and use a light to look through the car. They dont unscrew anything really. When you get there they make it sound like they are gonna strip it done to plastic but they dont. You can definitly get away with reduce winds in your motor. Also, FOAM!! FOAM TIRES!! They work great on the track. I guess thats about it. Any question's about it just post here. Thanks - Dean

(PS: Please forgive my spelling im doing this on a laptop in a car and i just cant edit it. Thanks - Dean)

SwedishRacer
08-09-2004, 05:01 PM
R u going to florida/ miami next weakend.

xmod
08-09-2004, 08:36 PM
No i dont plan to. Little to far. - Dean

XRL15thplaceskyline
08-10-2004, 05:48 PM
hit me up its justin from the tournament

xmod
08-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh cool..well i PMed you and i'll IM you soon..just IM me if you see me on (justin) lata

outlawXM
01-23-2005, 07:30 AM
hey xmod (this is [email protected] we chatted yesterday on im remember?),how are you bro?

where exactly was this event? i would have loved to have gone. is it every year? got pix of the event?

outlawXM
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
hope u guys all come to the a.r.m.s. xmod spring challenge 2005........check out the races/ events thread

mpevine11
03-05-2005, 02:49 PM
are you ever comming to N.H?

live4luck14
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
dude i live in ny and i went to it too it was kinda dumb beause i thought there was obvious cheating

123Vette
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
uhhhh 2 years old dont think there going to responed

taiwanesekid05
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
wow that's old... and stickied!