PDA

View Full Version : XMS Holiday 2010 Cotm Discussion thread

BART
11-25-2010, 12:31 AM
This thread is to be used for discussions of the 2010 holiday comp only, any talk about proper turkey basting or tree decorations will be promptly deleted.

winner
11-25-2010, 08:47 AM
just a suggestion, but instead of "Your entry must be a fully functioning Xmods RC owned by yourself at the time of the competition. Any Xmods sold to another member/person at the time of the competition will be removed." maybe make it "1/25-1/28 scale chassis" it makes it so people wilth, iwaver, firelap, mini-z, etc can enter. but just my opinion, do whatever you want ;)

Bananabrain
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Entered my 70 Chevelle. Good luck to everyone else who enter's.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-25-2010, 11:35 AM
+1 Winner, I don't have an xmod atm; but at the same time i understand this is an xmods forum-lol

winner
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
+1 Winner, I don't have an xmod atm; but at the same time i understand this is an xmods forum-lol

lol i understand that, but seeing as how you cant buy xmods at a local store.......

BART
11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
lol i understand that, but seeing as how you cant buy xmods at a local store.......

Isnt the whole point of a COTM to see what you can "build"? I have yet to see someone enter a car straight out of the package.

winner
11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Isnt the whole point of a COTM to see what you can "build"? I have yet to see someone enter a car straight out of the package.

how many of Dr.K's current projects have been xmods? what about Faze? eliminating the some of the competition eh? they do custom work on other chassis besides xmods.

FloydfanYodaman
11-25-2010, 02:20 PM
i don't mind if it is open to 1/24-1/28 scale stuff...but thats only my opinion...as long as it is someone's PERSONAL creation...i would like to see this comp have as many entries as possible

... i am always confused about people without xmods anymore hanging out on an xmods forum...

...and Winner xmods can easily be had at fair prices on ebay, craigslist and many other online sites...if someone truly wanted to buy one, be creative and enter the comp...also i have 2 stores within 45 minutes that i can still find starter kits at...i just don't want to pay what they want LOL

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Im on the side of Xmods only, always have been. Everyone does Mini-Z and stuff, they will always go on and have a big following... Allowing other types of RC's would bring a slow death to Xmods in my mind (Maybe not as dramatic as that) But I feel like I can come to XMS to get my XMOD fix, I go elsewhere for Mini-Z stuff from time to time. We all do projects at any given time on other RC's on XMS but I think it is best to keep our COTM comps strictly XMOD..... Keep Xmodding alive by being creative and start a new project for your individual entries... and Floyd is right you can still get XMods if you look around and people on the forum are usually willing to trade. A month is plenty of time to start and finish a new project for an entry... modify your chassis, get some upgrades, make your own custom body from a model or repaint an Xmod or autoscale body.. I challenage everyone to start a new project just for the comp... remember how fun it is to MOD. PS- I have plenty of spare parts (free) if you have a roller that could be running with a couple of missing parts... XXX

winner
11-25-2010, 03:19 PM
... i am always confused about people without xmods anymore hanging out on an xmods forum...

i dont want to go stirring anything up on thanksgiving but i am going to one last thing.

people that no longer have xmods are basically who teach the new members. if there were no expiranced xmodders here this forum would be flooded with question threads with people needing help. and yes i do realize that there are members like you floyd, but most of the time i dont see them around much and i know i dont know nearly as much as other members here like XXX but i try to help when i can.

anyways, HAPPY THANKS GIVING!:D

FloydfanYodaman
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
i dont want to go stirring anything up on thanksgiving but i am going to one last thing.

people that no longer have xmods are basically who teach the new members. if there were no expiranced xmodders here this forum would be flooded with question threads with people needing help. and yes i do realize that there are members like you floyd, but most of the time i dont see them around much and i know i dont know nearly as much as other members here like XXX but i try to help when i can.

anyways, HAPPY THANKS GIVING!:D

it's fine...thats why it is a DISCUSSION thread...and a happy day to you...turkey! :lol:

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Happy Modding, Happy Thanksgiving. I can't wait to start a new project.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey, its a good forum! LOL

mycrors4
11-26-2010, 12:39 AM
if it turns into open micro class(1/36-1/24) then id be set to enter my micro-t
if its stays on xmods, then im somewhat being forced to work on a project i have planned for the beginning of next year D:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

BART
11-26-2010, 12:48 AM
It will stay an xmod COTM.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Forced.. you don't have to enter. Enjoy the project.. you should.

if it turns into open micro class(1/36-1/24) then id be set to enter my micro-t
if its stays on xmods, then im somewhat being forced to work on a project i have planned for the beginning of next year D:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Blade.
11-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Entered my longest project that started 1 year after Xmods were released... I believe that would make it a 6? year project seeing as xmods came out in 2003?:lol:

So, good luck to everyone, and happy holidays. We Canadians already had our Turkey Day... You guys need to learn how to catch up ;):lol:

Again, good luck guys!

By the way, I agree with Robbie on the "Xmod has to be fully functioning and must be owned by you at the time of the competition"

Seen many competition's on where the xmod has been sold/traded and I kind of feel like it's un-fair to the people who enter the competition to lose to someone who no longer owns the xmod/RC that took the win.

It's not an Xmod without being able to move by using a radio...:lol:

mycrors4
11-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Forced.. you don't have to enter. Enjoy the project.. you should.

Yea but COTM's make me eager to do something, lolol

Blade.
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry on the bump...

Was looking through the entry thread to see if I missed a picture but I did not.. I know who did though:lol:

FinalGear.. Add one more picture bud!:bigwink: How about a picture of the rear of the body? I wanna see that exhaust pipe :D

FinalGear
12-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I think it is best to keep our COTM comps strictly XMOD..... Keep Xmodding alive by being creative and start a new project for your individual entries...

I strongly agree w/ this....let's keep STRICTLY XMODS

FinalGear.. Add one more picture bud!:bigwink: How about a picture of the rear of the body? I wanna see that exhaust pipe :D

Blade, I swear....the rules said...3 pixs max....

Blade.
12-12-2010, 01:44 AM
3b. A minimum of four pictures is required.
3c. A maximum of seven pictures is allowed.
3d. Of these four to seven pictures, one must be of the chassis ONLY. The other three to six pictures may be of whatever part of the Xmod you like, and at whatever angle you please.

Haha:lol:

Under the third paragraph ;)

xmodsNSX94
12-12-2010, 04:28 AM
so is it classed as your own project if its been sent to Dr.K foe body work or if its been sent to XXX for chassis mods? only i see that as un-fair?

winner
12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
so is it classed as your own project if its been sent to Dr.K foe body work or if its been sent to XXX for chassis mods? only i see that as un-fair?

dont matter, unless it was done very secretly everyone would know, and if that were the case i wouldnt vote for them

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Not sure how that should go.. I think it should really just be about ownership, and another part of me says it can be about the workmanship.. examples.. At a car show, the owner may not have done all the work, many times a lot is sent to professionals.. but it is still there car that they enter into the comps.. on the other side Tattoo artists get there art submitted, but they obviously do the work for others who own the work.. Personally I think it should be able to go eitherway for an enter,, but state the facts about it.. owner, builder etc etc.. let the voters decide. I just think its a big no no... if the car is not functioning or is sold to another 3rd person and has no relation to the owner anymore, but the builder could still submit. Personally Im voting for the car, and not the person.. as long as it follows those two guidlines.. for me I will vote for the best car.