PDA

View Full Version : waste of money or not?

xmodsNSX94
11-06-2010, 08:24 AM
i found these in ah hobby store and was wandering if they are a waste of money or will they help me on the track?
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24280

Thanks
BunNY

Stampedekid
11-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Well you would need the station for warming the tires, not just the actual warmers. Personally I find just doing a few quick laps with the 4Tec 3.3 and my tires are good, but I race on concrete with my foams. If it's for a 1/10 TC, just pick up a small battery or another one, so you can warm up the tires just by driving. What surface do you plan on racing on?

hiitzmike
11-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I run at ardent racing ( biggest indoor track in the uk ) google it.
I used to race a mi4 made bye the same company as those tyre warmers.
I have never needed them for indoor carpet but if you do go outdoors and it's cold, youl need em ;). Don't use these for foams though. oh and if you need somewhere to race pop down to ardent raceway because there's loads of people down to help you :)

xmodsNSX94
11-07-2010, 04:44 AM
well you see stampedekid that the problem i dont know where to go? i have a road yes but i would prefer to race inside on a track or something?

and hiitzmike: thanks for the recomendation that sounds great but the are for a nitro car :-? know of any nitro places in the UK would be very helpful :D

Thanks
BunNY