PDA

View Full Version : Orion 900hv or R1Wurks 990 battery questions?

Evolution
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure which one is better? I've searched around the web and found that the R1wurks provide more much, but that fades after a few runs, while the Orion has a slower effect. Is this referring to consecutive runs, or just after 4 runs? Also will I be able to charge them with an Energizer charger I'm using right now? And will I see any difference between these and my current energizers?

WhiteCharisma
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
From what I hear from people who race at the track the R1 wurks are great for racing and pack a punch but they will run out after a few runs. I have the Orion 900's and they're great, much much better then energizers and I use the energizer charger as well. The Orions last longer and provide more power. Its really noticeable for me since I drift and I use to drive my cars on tennis courts a lot and they were faster at first but when it came down to average running speed it was sorta the same.

taiwanesekid05
08-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Yeah, I've also heard the R1 Wurks have a slight edge, but still both are great batteries. I also personally have the Orions and after switching also from Energizers, I really did notice a boost in power and much, much longer run times (something like 10 minutes to about 25 with the Orions).

Tischo
08-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I can also advise "eneloop" batteries, they have a lot of power an donīt discharge them self. Use them my self since a year and cannot say, that team orion is bedder.

cowboysir03
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
My fleet of race batteries consist of Orion 900's, R1 works 880's and rp(Racing Power)900's and my comparison is:

The Orions have a very consistent power band that stays strong for multiple heats (8min heats in mod power MR02 and 03)

The R1Works start out very strong then fade to Orion power for one heat (8 to 10 minute heats)

The rp900's are about the same consistency as the Orions with a tiny bit more punch for the first heat.

I like them all but tend towards using the R1works (freshly peaked) for qualifying and the Orions or rp900's for longer heats

My best advice is to get yourself a MAHA charger to go with your energizer fast charger. The MAHA has multiple charging modes to condition battereies to their optimum and the Energizer can be used to quickly repeak youe battereies between heats. This combination of systems keep your batteries running super strong.:nod:

Evolution
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys! I've just ordered a pack of those Orions for 10$ shipped. That a good price? And I don't think I'll buy any fancy chargers for it yet. I'm not racing competitively or anything, just going to offroad with my mini z. So is the energizer charger good enough? Or do I actually need a MAHA charger etc for charging and discharging?