PDA

View Full Version : lawnmower stuff

minesskylineracer
07-17-2005, 12:05 AM
ok i no its really redneck but is ne1 on this site into mudding lawnmower racing or nething like that and if so do any of u hav any idea how 2 make a lawnmower 4 wheel drive me and my friend john hav a 2 cylinder 24 horse mtd mower that we raised 6 inches and it has a custom made supercharger that works like nos its a hair dryer hooked up 2 a ac/dc adapter on a switch then has a tube going 2 our snorkel and is then sealed off we hav no trouble w/ nething except for traction we put 20 inch atc tires on the rear and the old rear tires up front but we still get stuck in any mud deeper then about the engine block the back end sorta floats or sumthing even if we let air out of the tires so we want awd but we dont no how 2 turn it w/ a rear end hooked up 2 the front so we need 2 somehow put another belt or chain from the rear axle 2 the front and put a live axle across that and make knuckles we would just put an atv front end on but we dont hav the cash this is a brain teaserfor us and has been for about half a year so we need help thanks in advance if u figure anything out oh and yes we took the bottom deck off just incase u were wondering

supra86
07-17-2005, 05:34 AM
wow :weird: , that has to be the most stupid readneck thing i have ever heard of, SWEEET!!!! I MUST TRY THAT,
GIT-R-DUNE

mpevine11
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM
i got an old lawn mower, i charged the battery and it wont even make a noise when u turn the key, lights dont go on i dono what to do...can u help? :-?

baby_blue_dawg69
07-17-2005, 09:26 PM
you need a live axle up front, a transfer case before the front of the driveshaft, and a driveshaft from the transfer case to the front axle.

minesskylineracer
07-18-2005, 04:49 PM
thanks how much do u think thatll cost? and 2 answer the nothing working its probably your battery or terminals try starting it w/ the charger set on 12 volts and hooked up 2 the battery cables if it works then try tightening the terminals or getting a new battery if not then check for a bad ground or newires touching or disconected

baby_blue_dawg69
07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I have no idea what it'd cost to get a transfer case, live front axle, and driveshaft, plus I'm Canadian, so I couldn't help you too much. But go to a car scrapyard and you could probably get a transfer case from an old 4WD car for cheap. I'm not sure about the other stuff though. You may have to custom make a driveshaft. I'm not sure where you could find a live front axle that's the right size, maybe in a scrapyard...but anyways, that's about all I can think of.

minesskylineracer
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
ok thanks i think itd be 2 much i looked up some of te stuff and like the custom live axle w/ a transfer case used is like 500 bucks i could get the atv front end for that and bolt it directly in place w/ front suspension lol i gess ill just hav 2 save up 4 a long time or use my dark thunder cash (darkthunder is a drag rc from megatech it goes 0-60 in 2 seconds flat but i hav a supercharger and performance pipe already at my house for this so itll prob get there in 1)