PDA

View Full Version : August 2010: "Open Class" Discussion Thread:

Donziikid
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Please make all posts regarding comments, questions and concerns to other members’ entries here in the discussion thread. Any posts made in the Entry Thread (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=261660) which are not entry posts will be deleted.

Good luck and have fun.

Cheers,
Kyle

Bananabrain
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Entered my "Low Blow" Project.

xmodsNSX94
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Does it have to be a model conversion ?? Or can it be an xmods body ? Also when is the closing date ?

Thanks
michael

TheB1GDude
08-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Does it have to be a model conversion ?? Or can it be an xmods body ? Also when is the closing date ?

Thanks
michael

Sometimes taking a moment to read the rules really helps!!!

August Open Class
Welcome to the August 2010 Open Class “Car of the Month” competition. Please remember to read all of the rules carefully and fully. Please remember that this is the entry thread only and no discussion is allowed—please make all posts regarding comments, questions and concerns to other members’ entries in the Discussion Thread (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=261661).

Rules for Entering:
As always, you are limited to one entry per person per month. In an effort to simplify things this month everyone is eligible to enter.

1. Your entry must be:
-A fully functioning small scale RC vehicle (Xmod, Mini-Z, Micro-T, etc). It must steer and run.
-This is Open Class: the body may be whatever you like (truck, car, van, race-car, etc).
-Your entry must be owned by you at the time of the competition (both entry time and voting time).

2. You must enter by:
-Your entry must be posted in this entry thread by: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 9:00PM EST.
-Any entries made after August 31, 2010 at 9:00PM EST will NOT be allowed into the voting poll. Please be sure to plan accordingly.
-If you cannot make it due to time constraints do not rush and just wait for the next month’s competition.

3. Your entry post must contain:
-The make, model and year of your body. (Example: Ford Mustang 2006 or ’69 Chevy Corvette) and/or the Project Name.
-A list of ALL current upgrades and changes made to your body, chassis and electronics. Sometimes we cannot see by pictures alone all of the modifications you as an owner have made. A list helps show and tell us what has been done.

3a. Pictures:
-A minimum of four pictures is required and maximum of seven pictures is allowed.
-You may link to other pictures and video, but no more than seven pictures can be within [IMG] tags. All videos must be in link form (no [YOUTUBE] tags).
-You are required to have one of the four mandatory pictures be a picture of your chassis. All other pictures may be from whatever angle you wish and of whatever part of your entry you wish.

Rules for Voting:
1. Participation Rules:
-All members are allowed to vote.

2. What you should not do:
-Self-voting is frowned upon. Please be sportsman like. If you do not like any of the entrants but your own, simply do not vote.
-Creating a separate account just to vote for yourself. Unknown and suspicious handles will be IP checked.
-Any type or form of cheating is frowned upon. Please do not even try to cheat.
-Members who enter who cheat will be removed. Any self votes will be removed from the final tally.

3. Time Frame:
-Voting will be open for one week (seven days) from the start of the voting thread. Again, all entrants must be in by August 31st, 2010 at 9:00PM EST.
-Please allow the Staff some time to create the voting thread. If you don’t see it after forty-eight hours please remind us!
Rules are subject to change. Please review the both when entering and when voting. Voting rules will be duplicated into the voting thread.

winner
08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
wow its been awhile i'll see what can do, if my transparent yellow gets here soon i'll defintly have one to enter ;)

mycrors4
08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
perfect! the URC 2wd comp ends august 31st too :D looks like ill be entering my secret project =O

xmodsNSX94
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
well i better see if i can finish my project two if not ill just enter my old project? ahhhh secrets :) :)

thanks b1g i read this first before the other thread :eyecraz:
michael

lol
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Is 1/10 small scale? :(

zippo855
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Is 1/10 small scale? :(

LOL. no.

lol
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
1/18th? I have a secret build.

mycrors4
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
1/18th? I have a secret build.

its not so secret :p

lol
08-03-2010, 12:06 AM
its not so secret :p

Hush :uhoh:

mycrors4
08-03-2010, 01:35 AM
as weve discussed many times before.. open class is anything ftom 1/24th scale and down, bigger scale (1/18+) is in it's own class

lol
08-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Aw darn. Makes me want to leave the forum and never come back. not that anyone will miss me.

winner
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
got my clear orange :D

is there going to be any prize for first?

Donziikid
08-04-2010, 12:12 AM
For there to be a prize someone will need to donate something to be a prize. :)

mycrors4
08-04-2010, 12:17 AM
can i donate kevin? he can be the prize xD

fuzzy
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
if thats the case and i win can i choose not to accept the prize? :p

lol
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
can i donate kevin? he can be the prize xD

if thats the case and i win can i choose not to accept the prize? :p

/facepalm

Uncle D
08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Can entries/posts in Official Contest thread be edited as long as done before Entry Deadline?

I entered my car as is. Don't think I wanna do a whole lot more and I've been wanting to enter it for a few months now. Thanks for putting this together.

bnR34
08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
can i enter an 18 scale?

xmodsNSX94
08-13-2010, 01:11 PM
can i enter an 18 scale?

if you meant 1/18th scale then no.

as weve discussed many times before.. open class is anything ftom 1/24th scale and down, bigger scale (1/18+) is in it's own class

winner
08-13-2010, 09:52 PM
ehh...... my tamiya white and clear arnt here yet, i dint think im going to be able to have it ready in time

merc3des
08-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Uncle D's is really impressive imo.

xmodsNSX94
08-15-2010, 04:47 PM
have to agree with merc3des. that Car looks insane.
not going to the entering this COTM because i dont have time to finish. maybe next time
good luck to all entrants
michael

blue504life
08-29-2010, 07:01 PM
mine is in, not happy with the pics but its in

mycrors4
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
just entered mine, i dont plan on doing well against Dr. K...... but it never hurts to try

Bananabrain
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Can I change my entry since the deadline hasn't arrived yet? Or do I have to keep the one that I already have entered?

mycrors4
08-31-2010, 11:56 PM
:( i didnt have enough time to edit the pix
photo bucket ran out of space, and i was looking for pix to delete, then my internet went :( oh well, ill enter next time with better pix if i dont win(its a high chance i wont lol)

Uncle D
09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Good luck everyone! Some stiff competition.:uhoh:

blue504life
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
umm.........WHERE IS MY ENTRY??????????

FloydfanYodaman
09-02-2010, 06:11 PM
so why did 4 of us not get entered?...what EXACTLY was wrong with those 4 entries?

you stress to read the rules...but did not state what each one had done wrong???

mycrors4
09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
x3 on what was said above

but i noticed some stuff
the other 3 were missing chassis pix

i only had 3 pix, but at least tell us before the competition ends so we can fix it, we are human, we forget

Uncle D
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
^^^^ I think that's it!

mr.hotrod
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Wait... why didnt i get entered? all of my pics meet the rules....... i even have a chassis shot.... I worked hard on the rat look for my truck. If there is a problem atleast pm me rather then just not entering me at all.

Uncle D
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Spec list???

mr.hotrod
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
its an xmod chassis... what spec list could you want? Stock with orange paint... fan-freakin-tastic

Donziikid
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
None of you received a private message about this because I do not check until I make the actual voting thread. At that time it was already past the entry deadline (Aug. 31 @ 9:00PM EST) and nothing could be edited/changed. As well, it is not mine or any other staff members responsibility to make sure your entry post is 100% correct until it comes time to making the actual voting thread. That's when I do my double check, not during the whole month.

Here are the reasons:
Stampedekid is exempt because he doesn't have a chassis shot.
blue504life is exempt because he doesn't have a chassis shot.
mycrors4 is exempt because he only has three shots.
Mr. Hotrod is exempt because of the lack of a specifications sheet/list.
FloydfanYodaman is exempt because he doesn't have a chassis shot.

Cheers,
Kyle

mycrors4
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
an off topic-ish question:
why do we need at least 4 shots and a chassis shot?
we only use 1 shot for the voting thread anyways.........

blue504life
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
why exactly dont you check? the guys over on XMF atleast make a effort to to make sure everything is legit to keep $hit like this from happening. i dont care that im not in it thats fine forgot that this site requires a chassis shot and XMF doesnt

mr.hotrod
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Donzi.... what was i supposed to type? it is a stock chassis.....

FloydfanYodaman
09-03-2010, 12:47 AM
simply forgot...a little PM b4 the voting thread would have gone along way...thought stock chassis shots were not needed only modified ones...my mistake...too bad cus this was looking like a great turnout...especially since there hasnt been a comp on here in a bit...4 good projects down the drain :nodno:

being this rigid...you'd think money had been involved :lol:

Donziikid
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
an off topic-ish question:
why do we need at least 4 shots and a chassis shot?
we only use 1 shot for the voting thread anyways.........

A four shot minimum, one of which must be a chassis shot, is required to make an attempt at leveling the playing field.

First, many members will take a shot from the important angles: front, both sides and the rear; totaling four shots already. They take the fifth shot, the chassis shot, because it is required. Why it is required is again to level the playing field as much as possible. A few entries in the past have been much more mechanically driven than visually driven and this gives those entrants more of a chance. After the multitude of complaints we have received in the past for members overlook of mechanical entrants, this seemed the best route to take.

A vote should not be judged solely on that individual picture which I link to in the voting thread, that's why the names are links back to that particular members entry post. A vote should be judged on all of the aspects of that series' entries: mechanics, visual appeal, electronics, time spent, and, if it's a themed competition, how closely they resemble that theme.

I make it only a single picture to save space, make it look more uniform and less information for a browser to load.

why exactly dont you check? the guys over on XMF atleast make a effort to to make sure everything is legit to keep $hit like this from happening. i dont care that im not in it thats fine forgot that this site requires a chassis shot and XMF doesnt

I do not check because I do not believe it is my responsibility to check. As a person entering a competition it should be your responsibility to make sure your entry abides all of the rules and guidelines put forth by the website.

I certainly wouldn't expect the staff at XMF, URC, MTF, or any other major RC forum to check my entry posts to make sure I was abiding by all of their rules.

Donzi.... what was i supposed to type? it is a stock chassis.....

Body type?
Body year?
Model year?
What rims?
What tires?
Chassis extension?

I see a lot you could have listed. It's a ways from stock just from what I can see with half of a chassis picture.

simply forgot...a little PM b4 the voting thread would have gone along way...thought stock chassis shots were not needed only modified ones...my mistake...too bad cus this was looking like a great turnout...especially since there hasnt been a comp on here in a bit...4 good projects down the drain :nodno:

being this rigid...you'd think money had been involved :lol:

I apologize for not sending out a private message. While I do not generally believe that should be part of our responsibility of the competition, especially seeing as how at the time nothing could be done, I do see how it could have been less of a cluster and problematic situation. Again, my apologies. In the future if something like this happens again a private message will be created and sent.

Nope. That's why I said required. :D

They're not down the drain. They already have a head start on next months COTM.

Cheers,
Kyle

Uncle D
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
So is that the final tally?

Donziikid
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Yupp, that's the final tally! Congratulations! :)

xmodsNSX94
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Congratulations Uncle D on your COTM win.
but i must admit. that it is one hell of a car. great job.

FloydfanYodaman
09-10-2010, 07:39 PM
congrats on the win man...it is a great creation...and you had my vote...nice job!

Bananabrain
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Congrats, very nice car.

Uncle D
09-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Oh nice! Do appreciate the votes and compliments. To be honest, its the only R/C I have, as I've recently sold my R/C stuff. This one will be a Shelf Queen for a good long while.

Was glad to be able to participate. I foresee the next COTM as being full with trucks as those were some nice ones that weren't able to make it in this August contest.

Thanks again XMS!

xmodsunlimited
09-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Congrats Uncle D!

Very Nice car