PDA

View Full Version : HPI nitro RS4 evo+

xmodsNSX94
07-31-2010, 06:28 AM
just wandering if anyone on the forum has one of these as i am looking to get one.
they seem fast enough but does anyone know how or if you can raise the suspension? because there is a cricket field with low cut grass, so with some rally tires and a higher suspension i was hoping to go over there but idk.

thanks
michael :)

mycrors4
07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
you change the mounting hole and it should raise it a little, or you get longer shocks which should raise it with thr right set up

"lol" had an rs4 evo2 if im not mistaking

xmod noob
07-31-2010, 11:10 AM
if you want to go rallying just get diff wheels something like tamiya baja champ ones thats what i done when i had my rs4 it raised the ride height by 1/2 - 3/4 inch the only thing you will need to worry about is the turning radius

fuzzy
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
i have one and they sit really low but seem like theres enough mounting holes for shocks and options for wheels to lift it a good bit and yes they are fast

lol
07-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Ah, I had the classic Super Nitro RS4 that was belt driven and a RS4 Evo III + that fuzzy has now. They're purty cool, but nitro is very dirty. Thats why I ridded them both.

Stampedekid
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
If you want a Nitro RTR rally car why not the Kyosho DRX, it's actually built to rally they used to race them here at the track but 1/8 is starting to take over :D
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_45/products_id/158871/n/Kyosho-DRX-4WD-1-9th-Citroen-C4-GP-R-S-Nitro-Rally-Car-w-GXR18-Engine
or for Subaru fans
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_1156/products_id/151847/n/Kyosho-DRX-4WD-1-9th-Subaru-Impreza-WRC-08-Nitro-Rally-Car-w-GXR18-Engine
Nitro was fun, I ran it for 3 years and plan to in the future but for now, 1/8 brushless conversions is where I stand. Nitro was fun for what it was and I plan to get back into it but the simplicity and insane power of brushless is what I suggest personally.

mycrors4
07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
If you want a Nitro RTR rally car why not the Kyosho DRX, it's actually built to rally they used to race them here at the track but 1/8 is starting to take over :D
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_45/products_id/158871/n/Kyosho-DRX-4WD-1-9th-Citroen-C4-GP-R-S-Nitro-Rally-Car-w-GXR18-Engine
or for Subaru fans
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_1156/products_id/151847/n/Kyosho-DRX-4WD-1-9th-Subaru-Impreza-WRC-08-Nitro-Rally-Car-w-GXR18-Engine
Nitro was fun, I ran it for 3 years and plan to in the future but for now, 1/8 brushless conversions is where I stand. Nitro was fun for what it was and I plan to get back into it but the simplicity and insane power of brushless is what I suggest personally.

we discussed this in his last thread, he didnt want the kyosho =/

xmodsNSX94
08-01-2010, 04:22 AM
thanks anyways stampedekid :angel: but i cant order from the US because shipping adds another 100$ making that almost £450, and my birthday is to close to christmas. but i found the HPI Nitro RS4 evo+ in the UK. I can only get it with the 67?? chevvy corvette body. but that doesnt matter much because i found some new bodies, but i wanted to know if i could make the car have a higher ground clearance and put some rally tires on will it drive on a cricket field with low cut grass.?? my next door neighbour wants to get a buggy but i dont really like them or the trucks but i still wanted to take a car off road somewhere or something? but to be honest.... im confused? LOL

and one more question i read somewhere that 2.4ghz has a failsafe technology is this true or do i need to buy one? if so which is a good one to buy? as of christmas it will be going to a 2.4ghz so idk
thanks
michael :)

mycrors4
08-01-2010, 01:38 PM
unless you plan on going really far while driving the car, or it's very glitchy around your area, you dont need one

xmod noob
08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
most 2.4 have a built in failsafe but if your not getting it till xmas i would still buy a failsafe to run with the am radio system till then and as for a 2.4ghz radio my lil bro has this one for a few month and he seems really happy with it ive drove his car a few times and it wortks really well

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=36244

xmodsNSX94
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
well here is the specs i copied from the website.
i dont know what some of the things mean so some help would be great :)

Etronix Pulse EX3GPro Features:

2.4ghz Crystal Free
3-Channel
EPA End Point Adjustment
D/R Dual Rate
Steering Sub trim
Throttle Sub trim
Servo Reversing
EXP Exponential Steering Curve Adjustment
EXP Exponential Throttle Curve Adjustment
ABS Anti-Lock Brake System
15 Model Memory
SPD Steering Speed Adjustment
SPD Throttle Speed Adjustment
ATS Automatic Start Feature
BK-Mix Brake Mixing Function
Mix Channel Function
Throttle Hold
Timer Function
ATL Brake Effect Adjustment
Servo Monitor
Charging Jack

lol
08-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Most advanced radios with the programming screeny have built in failsafes no matter AM, FM, or 2.4Ghz. I have an AM Radio with a failsafe built in. Anyways, if you need one, I have one new and unused. I'm just a PM away. :)

xmodsNSX94
08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
pm sent lol :)

xmodsNSX94
11-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Well i got the car for my birthday :D ill make a thread when i can get it running
but however i cannot get it to start :/ i followed all the steps in the book but im still confused :/
the glow plugs light up so its not them
Engine is not flooded (Checked numerous times )
I dont think fuel is getting to the engine?
I got the HPI DVD with it but it wont play on my programs i have can someone recommend one that it works on?

Any Help is appreciated
Michael :D