PDA

View Full Version : Great deal?

dreamingISdrifting
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey guys I know that a lot of you guys have Slash'es so I was wondering if $50 for a Traxxas Slash with 2 3300 Mah battery packs is worth it? It is used but it runs. I have driven the truck myself and runs normal, it just appears to be really dirty could use some aligning, and the antennae is broke, but other than that the truck is in a good shape. My friend just got a Blitz so I wanted to race with him.

GearHeadV8
05-28-2010, 05:52 PM
if it comes with everything to run then hell to the yeah ha as long as it is simple fixes make sure its not gonna become a money pit.

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 06:31 PM
thats a steal if its running and everything works.. dirt isnt a problem, if its waterproof, just hose it down LOL

but once u buy it, id open it up the tranny and give it a good cleaning

dreamingISdrifting
05-28-2010, 06:49 PM
yea, it is completely RTR, but my plans were to soak the bearings on some oil and upgrade the tranny with ceramics, then align the steering then clean up the chassis. Do you think cleaning the pins that hold the suspension amrs in place will also help? I am probably going to jump on that deal asap, but thanks for the feedback

Stampedekid
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
yea, it is completely RTR, but my plans were to soak the bearings on some oil and upgrade the tranny with ceramics, then align the steering then clean up the chassis. Do you think cleaning the pins that hold the suspension amrs in place will also help? I am probably going to jump on that deal asap, but thanks for the feedback

It could but the Traxxas 2WD trucks are known for bending hinge pins. I've bent at least 4 or 5 of them(though I do beat the living cr@p out of it) and the E-clips are annoying as hell to take off. I would recommend just getting these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/34391/n/ST-Racing-Concepts-Heat-Treated-Polished-Steel-Lock-Nut-Style-Hinge-Pin-Set-Black
or if you don't mind the clips, upgrade to Titanium Nitrate shafts to help strengthen it. For that price its a steal, may as well install the necessities ;)

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
omg.. dont get me started with e-clips... on-top of them being an extreme PITA, mine were all rusty from it being old and whatnot.. so it was 120x harder, cause they would refuse to grip to anything..

but surprisingly, ive never bent a hinge pin..

Stampedekid
05-28-2010, 07:13 PM
omg.. dont get me started with e-clips... on-top of them being an extreme PITA, mine were all rusty from it being old and whatnot.. so it was 120x harder, cause they would refuse to grip to anything..

but surprisingly, ive never bent a hinge pin..

Don't even get me started on how I bash! One of them was bent at a 20* angle :lol: You've seen some of my "works" on BYT though, you should know!

supraboi97
05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
They are extremely durable and that would be a great buy. I have had mine run completely over but a ford taurus and only cost 20 in replacement parts.

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Don't even get me started on how I bash! One of them was bent at a 20* angle :lol: You've seen some of my "works" on BYT though, you should know!

lol just imagine what AGWAB does to his cars.. imagine that on your slash.. LOL, i dont think it would be a slash anymore.. it would just be a bunch of parts.. and maybe a tire or 2

lol
05-28-2010, 08:34 PM
The bearings are rubber sealed by the factory, they shouldn't be a problem. Just clean outside. Steal for $50. Even the Titan 12T and the XL-5 ESC is over $50.

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
The bearings are rubber sealed by the factory, they shouldn't be a problem. Just clean outside. Steal for $50. Even the Titan 12T and the XL-5 ESC is over $50.

the regular slash doesnt come with bearings, only the VXL and special edition(fabtech and the other ones) ones come with bearings

acerpower
05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd definitely be all over that deal,that sounds like a steel.
That's not too bad of a deal even if it's just a roller.

lol
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh, lucky me, I has Fabtech Slash with rubber sealed bearings :)

Stampedekid
05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
lol just imagine what AGWAB does to his cars.. imagine that on your slash.. LOL, i dont think it would be a slash anymore.. it would just be a bunch of parts.. and maybe a tire or 2

Well he's just another crazy one of us! Remember my MERV last year? I busted it in half 3 times off 20+ft high jumps :lol: Anyway Back to Topic, good luck with the Slash and post pics when you get it!

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Well he's just another crazy one of us! Remember my MERV last year? I busted it in half 3 times off 20+ft high jumps :lol: Anyway Back to Topic, good luck with the Slash and post pics when you get it!

surprisingly, i bash the toys r us and walmart toy grade hobby cars 10x harder than i bash these, ive ripped one in 3 parts(it was 1 wheel, and 2 chassis.. lol).. that was long ago, waaay before i joined xms

dreamingISdrifting
05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Yea ill be getting it asap, oh and btw the normal slash comes with rubber sealed bearings see here http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805_features.htm =D like the 83497523976 one down

mycrors4
05-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Yea ill be getting it asap, oh and btw the normal slash comes with rubber sealed bearings see here http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805_features.htm =D like the 83497523976 one down

hmmm.. thats good :D

but there was a point where they came with gold bushings

Stampedekid
05-29-2010, 09:40 AM
hmmm.. thats good :D

but there was a point where they came with gold bushings

Not the slashes. Only the pedes rustys and bandits. How do I know? I got a Slash two weeks after it's release :p

mycrors4
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Not the slashes. Only the pedes rustys and bandits. How do I know? I got a Slash two weeks after it's release :p

O.O
my friend got a new rtr slash a month after it was released.. it had bushing.. looks like ill tell him the bad news.. looks like he got ripped off