PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z Overland worth it??

Evolution
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Hiya, I'm planning to buy a overland but need to have a few questions cleared out before I do. Is it really worth buying for around $200 and do you think if I bought a few and waited out for a couple of years and sell them then that I'll make a profit? Also how are they for offroading?

Dr. Kustom
03-30-2010, 11:20 AM
From what I've hear, the OverLand series have been discontinued. They are fun for off-road, but the downside is that they are only RWD, if you want to go hardcore off-road, I recommend you to go with Xmods Trucks (they are also discontinued) or the Losi Micro Rock Crawler.

Evolution
03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Yea, I know they're discontinued thats why its guna cost around $200? I like the mini rock crawler, but it just isn't fast enough. I' not going to be doing any hard offroading. Maybe climb some inclines and offroad on a gravel road? I had an xmod but sold it. I just love this mini z for its scale and realism. The suspension, tires, body everything cept the rwd. I guess I could probably live with that. Whats the chance that they get really REALLY rare in the next couple years? Should I buy a bunch and sell em in the far future?

xmod noob
03-30-2010, 12:32 PM
you could buy a bunch and then your left with something that is worthless when kyosho re-release them just ike the murc body`s. yes iam a optemist lol.

but if you really want one i would look around you could get one for less than 200 bucks

All_Xmods
03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Yea, I know they're discontinued thats why its guna cost around $200? I like the mini rock crawler, but it just isn't fast enough. I' not going to be doing any hard offroading. Maybe climb some inclines and offroad on a gravel road? I had an xmod but sold it. I just love this mini z for its scale and realism. The suspension, tires, body everything cept the rwd.

Agree with the realism, and looking for one to add to the collection. Had no luck finding one for cheap too.

$200 is a bit much. Do continue looking though, one might show up at a flea market. There's quite a few treasures out there. In the mean time, have fun with the xmods.

winner
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
ehh, i
'd stay away, the gear box really kills the clearance, and i mean like murders it..........

Stugottz
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
they are fun but not worth 200 dollars i got both mine for under 100 each used