PDA

View Full Version : How much money have you spent on R/C??

mycrors4
03-23-2010, 01:31 AM
how much money have you spent on r/c.. throught your life.. it can be a rough estimate aswell.. but the more detail.. the better(p.s. dont think cause u spent $1000 ur not gonna be "beat" this is no competition.. and if it was.. imo, zippo wins hands down... he has the nitros and that HUGE collection of xmods)
also include battery costs.. chargers.. nitro fuel.. EVERYTHiNg!

for me:
rough estimate: $1500
details:
rustler: $110
Novak Cyclone: $200?
Dirt hawgs: $15
Body: $20
Trinity Monster: $30
MicroRS4: $230? (got it the week it came out)
RC18(used): $225
Scaler Project: $450
Xmod Starter Kits: $525(only got one on clearance)
Xmods Hop Ups(everything): $275(estimate)
Micro-T: $45
Micro-T hop ups: $40
rc18/rustler spare parts: $30
Lipo Charger: $135
Lipo batts: $60
nimh batts: $100
Deans/soldering irons: $70
Model Body: $15
Paintz: $40
F1 r/c: $40

umm thats all i can think of

Grand Total:$2655

my rough estimate was waaaaaaaay off lol
now, how much have YOU spent?

zippo855
03-23-2010, 01:36 AM
i lost count at 7000 or so, a whole whole bunch of xmods, an sc8 nitro, 3 rs4 nitros, a tmaxx nitro, a tsunami nitro, a hyper 1/8 nuggy nitro, a losi micro crawler, a bunch of mini zs, a couple rpmz, 4 nitro boats, etc.

Donziikid
03-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Being in the plane hobby we are constantly spending money. For some reason those darn things do not want to stay in the air for very long... Land RC just runs away and hits a tree; flying RC has a tendancy to go hundreds of yards in the totally wrong direction and fall a hundred-plus feet to solid Earth.. Nothing like seeing a grand to two grand for a moderate plane crash to the ground... :p

I'm actually afraid to guess how much I have spent on RC. Let alone my dad and I combined (he's been at this since the late 60's!)... :eyecraz:

Cheers,
Kyle.

BART
03-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm afraid to add mine up as it will just depress me. Let's just say I'm 36 and have been into this since 10 or so and in the past year alone I spent well over 5K. I have one car that was 2K alone:(

maxinflixion
03-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow. Now I don't feel so bad at all. I am most certainly under $500.

zippo855
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm afraid to add mine up as it will just depress me. Let's just say I'm 36 and have been into this since 10 or so and in the past year alone I spent well over 5K. I have one car that was 2K alone:(

yeah rcs total i think bart takes that cake as he has a few years on me :lol:. and id be happy to store that 2k car for ya ;)
although planes can add up quickly as well, so donzii would be right up there.

Donziikid
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM
although planes can add up quickly as well, so donzii would be right up there.

On guy at our club actually calls his "The Flying Dollar Sign" and airbrushed a bunch of dollar signs onto it. :lol:

Action B
03-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Between me and my girlfriend We have around $1000 probably.

acerpower
03-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I couldn't even give an estimate of what I've spent.
I'm 36, and I've been in and out of the hobby since I was 13.
To tell the truth, I wouldn't even want to know how much I've spent in this hobby throughout the years. I've probably spent more on this hobby then I've spent on all but of my actual "real cars"(1/1).

clintr79
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I would hate to know what ive spent over the years.So far this year its a little over a grand.

xmodsunlimited
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
I think I've spent between 800 and a thousand:cry: , But I have gained some back through selling some. Great Idea for a Thread.:nod:

imnotmikal
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
More than I should have.
Every once in a while, I look at all the useless **** I've bought (R/Cs, cds, PS3, Xbox, shoes, hats) and think about how much money I would have if I hadn't bought them.

ling427ttvette
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
More than I should have.
Every once in a while, I look at all the useless **** I've bought (R/Cs, cds, PS3, Xbox, shoes, hats) and think about how much money I would have if I hadn't bought them.

I do the same thing, I spend a lot of money on stuff. And yeah, I realize it's a great idea to have that extra money saved up for that little extra for just incase.. but if you got spare money, might as well just spend it on something you want, or save it up and get something really really good. Just be smart and get all your bills paid first, and have a little fun. That's what it's all about. :nod:

As for the R/C hobby.. I'm not sure how much I have spent, I'd guess right around $2k or so.

imnotmikal
03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I do the same thing, I spend a lot of money on stuff. And yeah, I realize it's a great idea to have that extra money saved up for that little extra for just incase.. but if you got spare money, might as well just spend it on something you want, or save it up and get something really really good. Just be smart and get all your bills paid first, and have a little fun. That's what it's all about. :nod:

Hah, that's the problem.
I had extra cash, but I spent on something I didn't "really" want. It was just something that I was like "Oh hey, this looks cool."

Now I don't play with any of the things I mentioned, nor do I wear many of the hats and shoes I've wasted money on.

If I hadn't wasted all this money, I would pretty much be done with my audio build in my Blazer, and could possibly have gotten it painted already.
Freaking.
Gah.

winner
03-23-2010, 08:07 PM
ehh, scary thought... my cr914 cost $700 without electronics..... i'd hate to add up all of my rc stuff, prob around high 2k to low 3k

mycrors4
03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
wanna know something funny?

ive spent 2.6grand so far... after the scaler build is gone.. there is gonna be another $400ish put into a brand new one.. then ontop of that.. i may get rid of my poor 18t.. and get a 1/10 stadium truck... great.. another $300ish.. gone.. lmao.. i love how everything adds up

clintr79
03-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Last year when i was laid off i bought peoples collections and sold them on ebay.I bought 50 or 60 rcs last year but then sold them all except fo a couple.I got tired of fixing them up so i stopped doing it.Thought about doing again but now im back to work so dont have time to do so now.