PDA

View Full Version : Mini Clod!

greenday
03-17-2010, 07:00 AM
I found this while browsing ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/rc-MONSTER-TRUCK-LOSI-CRAWLER-MICRO-CLOD-MINI-scaler_W0QQitemZ130374748821QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRad io_Control_Vehicles?hash=item1e5af0ca95

I thought it was quite interesting, looks to be of pretty good build quality. Someone ought to buy it so I can see it in action lol!

Only thing it's missing is 4ws. And it's probably a good deal slower seeing as it's built using the Losi chassis. But very cool, nonetheless.

xmodsunlimited
03-17-2010, 08:23 AM
wow thats awesome.:nod:

TheB1GDude
03-17-2010, 09:38 AM
huh that looks like thingys from XMF.... nope never mind I meant musclecar201 when I said thingy and it was his Radline I was thinking of:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff269/blackstang11/Radline%20rc/000_1737.jpg

This does look very cool, if I had the cash I would bid on it but I don't so cant :(

FloydfanYodaman
03-17-2010, 11:01 AM
there is also a grave digger in his other items!!!

greenday
03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
The radline big posted by mc201 was quite nice I must say. I might have to check out that gravedigger...hmm.

dreamingISdrifting
03-17-2010, 06:31 PM
wow thats pretty wicked, but I can only imagine the motor burning out...can you imagine that tiny motor trying to move those big tires AND a metal cab/bed?

greenday
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Well it's geared down considerably for crawling but I see your point, that is a lot to move with so little machine under there...but in any case this guy must be pretty good as his build quality is very nice and his ebay listing looks nice as well. I bet those tires aren't as soft as he says they are though, the look awfully shiny to be very pliable...

dreamingISdrifting
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
well I am sure its geared down good, but isnt the motor smaller than a 130? and your worm gears would wear out fairly quick too. I bet the tires are probably like radline soft, but for the price I think its a good deal its pretty much a losi micro crawler chassis w/o radio for $100 plus you get big tires and highly detailed body, would bid but I am broke lol

Stampedekid
03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Looks nice but really isn't that hard to do. I see he did the same thing I and many others have done to the Micro Crawlers, just adapt it to a model chassis. What I liked is how he made it look like a Clod, but guys the micro crawlers aren't fast..like at all even with a BBv2(a few guys on RCC did it) and LiPo. I have videos of mine going around the yard rocks etc.. and going "top speed" but still a very interesting concept. Props to him

greenday
03-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Well in all actuality a real monster truck isn't really fast...(The old ones, like that one is modeled after) They were more just big torque machines. I know a lot of people have done it before, but this is different amongst the plastic bodied toyotas and whatnot. Also, aren't the shocks a lot bigger than Losi equipment?

dreamingISdrifting
03-18-2010, 08:33 PM
actually they were more of big clunkers, as they weighed A LOT back in the day, and the shocks are radline oiled shocks I believe they are the same size as the Kyosho overland shocks.

greenday
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Well see thats what I was getting at...I loved the '80s Monster Trucks, because they had actual hard bodies because they were still built from trucks...They bounced about so much it was a mystery as to where they would end up...haha and they did mud bogs back then too...todays new m/ts are nice because of the better performance and better tricks but I still like the oldies...oh, and thanks for the shocks clarification.