PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z AWD offroad??

Evolution
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi guys your probably going to think I'm nuts but, I've been interested in the kyosho mini z's especially the AWD series for a long time. I'm loving its scale bodies especially the mitsubishi lancer. Before I plan to buy it, I'm just wondering if I could drive it on my pavement maybe? Or on house carpet? A teensy weensy bit of dirt? Probably not going to race it whatsoever. So will it be able to function on these types of terrain, or should I consider something else? I just want something that looks scale, incorporates AWD and the size of an xmod or maybe a bit bigger.

mycrors4
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
nothing smaller?, you could have gotten a losi micro-dt, and custom fit a lancer body to it, it should fit, im not 100% positive though,

you can also make yourself rally tires and somehow raise the suspension..

xmodzracer
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
mini z overland perhaps?

Dr. Kustom
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I run my AWD on dirt, snow, and rain. No problem at all as long as you don't run it in deep water, and make sure you clean your car right after the run.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Dr_Kustom/Mini-Z%20MA-010/IMGP1058.jpg

Action B
03-10-2010, 03:11 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2757/4421351995_14ebb81f75_o.jpg LOL

Evolution
03-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I run my AWD on dirt, snow, and rain. No problem at all as long as you don't run it in deep water, and make sure you clean your car right after the run.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Dr_Kustom/Mini-Z%20MA-010/IMGP1058.jpg

Hows the ground clearance though? Will it it scrape if I drive it on lets say my driveway or side walk?

GearHeadV8
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
as long as you dont lower it at all you should be perfectly safe. They have about the same clearance if not more than the stock xmod car chassis.

Evolution
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
So theres one at my hobbyshop for $99 CAD. Should I bite the bullet? I'm not sure if its going to suit my needs. Also, where is the trade section? I want to try to see if I can buy myself a mini z Overland?

Dr. Kustom
03-18-2010, 10:20 PM
So theres one at my hobbyshop for $99 CAD. Should I bite the bullet? I'm not sure if its going to suit my needs. Also, where is the trade section? I want to try to see if I can buy myself a mini z Overland?
Like GearHeadV8 said, the clearance of the AWD is about the same as a stock Xmod Evo. $99 seems to be good deal, is it a 2.4 GHz? From what I have hear on other forum, the Mini-Z OverLand are discontinued.

As for the B/S/T Section, you must have at least 50 posts to conduct a buying or trading transaction and 100 posts to conduct a selling transaction and to create a For Sale thread.

Donziikid
03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
It probably won't suit your needs, at least in my opinion. For $99 CAD (approx. $97 US), you could save just a little bit more and purchase a Ready-To-Run 1:18th scale RC which will be much better suited for off road use. A RTR 1:18th scale would cost you around $150 CAD for everything needed (the running chassis, the radio, the battery and a wall-charger).

While not as small as the MiniZ series, they offer much better ground clearance and ease of use since they are a bit larger. Only downside is they do not have all of the cool hard body selections like the MiniZ or the Xmod.

I'm afraid, at least from experiencing the road conditions here in Michigan, your MiniZ will not have sufficient ground clearance to prevent major scratching on the bottom of your chassis, as well as that pretty new body. While they can be used outside, they certainly won't stay as pristine as they would inside (where I feel is the best place for them). I certainly wouldn't take my MiniZ AWD out on the pavement here in Michigan.

Oh, and about the Buy/Sell/Trade area, members are not allowed to view that section of the forum until they have met the 50 post requirement. Members are not allowed to post Buy/Sell/Trade threads until they meet the 100 post requirement. For now, check eBay until you have met those requirements or even online stores (AtomicMods, XI, etc.).

Cheers,
Kyle.

Evolution
03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear. I'm just looking for a micro scale rc to drive controlably inside and somewhat outside. For offroading I already have an e maxx and flux for that. Might just consider a losi micro crawler, since I already have a titan body for it.