PDA

View Full Version : New to xmods

Crosby8732
02-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Hello everyone im new to xmods and before i customize the looks of the car would like to boost performance im in the New york long island area and if anyone is interested in soldering and wouldnt mind helping would be greatly appreciated. thanks:)

stang_racer
02-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Welcome to XMS! Telling us what your looking to get soldered would prolly help your chances of finding someone up for the job.

brettley
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
HEY! welcome! for performance boosting your going to want a metal bearing set above all else! thats the best improvement for the price, and not too hard to install! As for soldering, many people around here do soldering services for small fees, and many of them can be trusted completely.

Crosby8732
03-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the greetings and Would probably just go with a litium batery set up and a fet installation

Action B
03-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the greetings and Would probably just go with a litium batery set up and a fet installation

You don't need FETs for lithium unless your going to run a higher current motor as well. Stock Fets/lithium and stage 2 motor have worked for years on my cars without an issue. Of course it certainly wouldn't hurt either.

bnR34
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
i can really appreciate the "go" before the "show" idea and welcome to your new home! ;)

wrxautox
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
welcome to the site, there is lots of knowledge here. I have been learning tons. These little cars are really fun to work on and not too complicated. I agree that the metal bearings upgrade is a must. As far as the lith battery upgrade i read that it is recommended to get the part that holds your motor upgraded to an aluminum part so it dissipates heat better, at least according to atomicmods.com. Do you not really need that part? Oh plus atomicmods.com has lots of motors that i believe are faster than the RS stage 2 motors.

Howlsatmoonlight
03-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Atomicmods has plenty of motors faster than the stock stage 2, just be aware that all but 1 or 2 of them require FET upgrades. Just read the fine print, Atomic lets you know which will need FET upgrades.

winner
03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
just make sure if you get lith's or a atomic motor get awd, or you'll just do donuts

All_Xmods
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Welcome!
I am more into the looks, but that includes the modded chassis looks too.
There are some great looking chassis here on XMS
Post pics of your mods once finish. Again, welcome.

Bananabrain
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the site.
Like everyone else is saying, there are lots of members on here that do soldering jobs. :D

dontspamme
03-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Sidney Crosby scores the gold medal goal ! 14 gold medals, tipping Canada over the record for the most gold medals at the Winter Olympic games !

Anyways, if you get FETs and lithium, your going to want aluminum parts and probably go faster and faster in the future ! So thus, put a large chunk of change aside for this chassis :)

Crosby8732
03-05-2010, 12:12 AM
thanks again for greetings, great call on AWD i would ahve been sitting doing donuts about ready to toss the thing haha. very well prepared to put some moneys aside and will post pics when done