PDA

View Full Version : do i smell another ebay newb?

mycrors4
02-25-2010, 09:56 PM
please tell me the point of a 3s lipo nitro engine...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-12T-2-5-Racing-Engine-for-T-Maxx-Revo-Jato_W0QQitemZ200443866407QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Par#ht_500wt_1182
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

winner
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM
lol! "I had my T-maxx up to 108MPH with this engine in it (while it was in the back seat of my Nissan). "

Howlsatmoonlight
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like he glued an electric motor onto a nitro motor..If someone buys this they deserve it.

jabari
02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Ahaha, that's bomedy son. Yea, whoever buys it does deserve it. lol

suicide_star
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Haha, that's cute. At least he's extremely honest.

lol
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Haha, that's cute. At least he's extremely honest.

Unlike that other racist "10 Cell Xmod" guy. :)

Tmaxxn3
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
hahah he is extremely honest...........
"Q: does that contraption actually work and how
A: This is what you call idle stationic icon. You install nitric motor in car. Put estes E-12 Engine or two, or thirty-two engines in the rear of car (rocket engines and duct tape sold separately)"

Cobrawannabe
02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
That guy's epically funny. Well-done indeed.:lol:

Blackdragon
02-25-2010, 11:58 PM
At least he tells you that fire will be involved if you want this thing to actually move.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
02-26-2010, 12:11 AM
PLEASE........... If you have any concern for someone getting ripped off. (Some kid who doesn't really understand) do what I did and REPORT the item as Fruad if you are an ebay member. I don't think it is funny at all. PLEASE report that item...EVERYONE.

stang_racer
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh calm down. I dont think he'd actually sell it if someone got serious about it. He sounds like he'll say straight up if someone did get serious about it "Hey, you know this doesnt actually work right?"

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 12:36 AM
even though he does sound like that type of guy, i still did report him

Tmaxxn3
02-26-2010, 12:40 PM
the guy seems to be pretty active to awnsering questions and bull****thing to the other ppl he seems pretty quick on his feet.

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
i just asked him another question,
to my last question he said it is Brushless, when brushless needs to have 2 wires... so i told him to Stop all the BS and told him its not funny at all...

"Hmm, you said it has been converted to brushless..
brushless requires 3 motor wires, not two. Also
please stop B.S.ing because even the most most
noobish r/cer will tell u it is just an electronic
motor places into the heatsink. Just stop right
now, it's not funny at all."

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 01:11 PM
sorry for the quick double post but.. i thought you guys should see this>>

"Dear mycrors7,

Your the one B.S.ing. The last time I checked real
brushless motors use THREE wires not two like you
said before. The only reason this motor is
brushless is because the brushes were yanked out
with a pair of pliers. If you are that worried
about the "noobish r/cer" then go bother the guys
selling redcat racing and exceed cars who are
really ripping the "noobish r/cer". If you think
this is funny, post a question. If you don't then
don't buy it.

- jimborandy"

And my response
"Really? im the one that said Brushless motors have
3 WIRES.. not 2.. go re-read... and they are not
ripping anyone off, just cause they are knockoff's
doesnt mean they are a POS... brushed motor with
no brushes.. doesnt mean its brushless.. it means
it doesnt work!!!! Prove to me this works and i
will personally STFU and help you sell this faster"

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
He will definately sell it if someone is stupid enough to buy. Ok, it's funny but I still think that after you have had your laugh you hit the report button. He gets charged listing fees for listing and will definately take the $ if given. Please EVERYONE report for fraud.

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
i really dont like this guy, it seems as if he is asking himself questions..
"Q: i just saw this in person. this is the coolest engine/motor i've ever seen. can you tell me if CA will accelerate the engine's rpms like turbo drops did in the 80's and 90's? also, is there a chance that you could change the motor wires to tamiya connectors. i heard they were best. Feb-26-10
A: CA (super glue) works great on this nitric motor. Just pour it the carb, and hit full throttle and you might see a boost in power. You can definitely increase the run time by changing out the connectors to ultra high resistant tamiya connectors."

dreamingISdrifting
02-26-2010, 03:11 PM
OMFG what a noob lol:) :) :nod: :nod::blush: :blush: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yea putting CA in your fail-of-a-contraption is really going to make it go faster:lol: :lol: someone should ask him if its watercooled too

EDIT: He must have edited or changed your question LOL look

Q: Hmm, you said it has been converted to brushless.. brushless requires 2 motor wires, not two. Also please stop B.S.ing because even the most most noobish r/cer will tell u it is just an electronic motor places into... Continue reading

A: Your the one B.S.ing. The last time I checked real brushless motors use THREE wires not two like you said before. The only reason this motor is brushless is because the brushes were yanked out with a pair of pliers.... Continue reading

Tmaxxn3
02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
no, i think mycro was just super ****ed and accidently hit the wrong buttton and made him say 2 twice...

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
what?

Tmaxxn3
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Q: Hmm, you said it has been converted to brushless.. brushless requires 2 motor wires, not two. Also please stop B.S.ing because even the most most noobish r/cer will tell u it is just an electronic motor places into... Continue reading

thats what you put as your question on ebay. look at it then you'll understand.

mycrors4
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
O.o whoops.. lol that makes more sense.. stupid typo -.-

Tmaxxn3
02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
yeah thats why i sad i figured you were mad and accidently hit the wrong button.

dreamingISdrifting
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
haha.....PWNED

suicide_star
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Haha, will you guys please stop making yourself look like dorks. Every now and then, people post something silly like that on ebay. I find it comical, so does other people searching RC parts on ebay. There's nothing wrong with his listing, it's completely accurate and he made sure of that and anybody that buys it deserves what they get. I wouldn't report him, because it's exactly as described and he even says that it would be great for a SHELF QUEEN, because it obviously doesn't operate. +1 for the silly ebay seller, in my opinion.

cowboysir03
02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm with suididestar on this one....

He's having a little fun posting an ebay item as a ga for him and his friends to make themselves look amusing to each other.

happens every day.:bigwink:

winner
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Haha, will you guys please stop making yourself look like dorks. Every now and then, people post something silly like that on ebay. I find it comical, so does other people searching RC parts on ebay. There's nothing wrong with his listing, it's completely accurate and he made sure of that and anybody that buys it deserves what they get. I wouldn't report him, because it's exactly as described and he even says that it would be great for a SHELF QUEEN, because it obviously doesn't operate. +1 for the silly ebay seller, in my opinion.

+1

FloydfanYodaman
02-27-2010, 12:34 AM

AGREED...even his responses to peoples' questions are pretty funny...that first one sounded so teknikal i had to read it twice LOL...a little comedy like this makes up for all the other scammers and klowns on there...

...and i am still in dispute with one of our other favorite ebayers...poligrafas:mad:

mr.hotrod
02-27-2010, 09:38 AM
yea like the last... idk 4 posts said it is a **** joke... I am sure if someone won it he would tell them what a joke it was, Any one who griped at this needs a **** sense of humor. That guy with the 10.4 volt xmod was a con artist though and could have caused a problem.

Stampedekid
02-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Haha you remember it was a joke right! You stole that from BYT! LOL Just kidding but this guy is on BYT, and RCC iirc

mycrors4
02-27-2010, 01:08 PM
lol we need to spread it somehow.. and i didnt steal it, its open to the public :p

FloydfanYodaman
02-27-2010, 04:34 PM
even though he does sound like that type of guy, i still did report him

lol we need to spread it somehow.. and i didnt steal it, its open to the public :p

you reported him...now you think its funny and want to spread it...??? classic

mycrors4
02-27-2010, 05:47 PM
what.. im spreading to so people can have a laugh, i cant laugh and report something? its like saying im a cop, im not aloud to laugh if i arrest someone, or if i see someone being arrested.. if it's funny ofcourse im gonna laugh

FloydfanYodaman
02-27-2010, 06:11 PM
oh i see...yeah i get it...so i just reported you...and got a laugh...yeah i get it this if fun ...LOL... jk man...nothing you need to get all enflamed about...;)

mycrors4
02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
lol.. well some people are dumb enough to take it seriously. you dont want that happening do ya? lol i get what you mean though

ling427ttvette
02-28-2010, 12:01 PM
If someone is dumb enough to take that seriously, then that's their problem.

Anyone who has half a brain, knows that's purely a joke. And if he actually sells it for that much, then that's great for him..

He's made it perfectly clear that's not real, and that it's a joke..

Action B
02-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I think its funny, yet inappropriate.

He needs to put a disclaimer on the auction description stating that his item will not function. One should not be expected to read the questions and responses to find out by use of sarcasm that the item does not work, it should be in the description.

Its fine to have a laugh but the rules on ebay are designed in a way to protect people, yes, even the dumb ones. Of course, I don't think its a big deal so long as no one buys it lol.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Definately funny, but that's what the "Report Listing" button is for. There are kids who don't understand and are nieve... the whole theory of if your dumb enough to buy it you deserve it in my opinion is rediculous. If it is funny, have your laugh and show your friends, but you should still hit the report button... ebay is a market place not an entertainment site. ... I laughed at it and thought it humorous, but I still hit the Report button. Subtle or not subtle any inappropriate listings should be reported.

Do as you please.... I reported it, and I don't feel that my sense of humor is in question by doing so.

brettley
02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Q: Hi, From the photo it seems there is a part missing... Would this require a type db-74a or db-77b flux capacitor? fb

A: it uses a db-77b flux capacitor, I have it but it isnt shown in the pics but it is included. I also have the newer sh-76z F.C. but the block needs to be shaved down for it to fit. The only problem, the buyer needs a class b hazmat licence to own one. I will include it if the buyer faxes me a copy of their hazmat card.

baha! i ROFLED so hard!

dreamingISdrifting
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
:lol: look hes got 2 bids, and hes even got a reserve so the noob bidding on it will have to match it, at least you know the noob buying deserves what hes getting :D