PDA

View Full Version : iwavers are available

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
01-31-2010, 07:08 PM
If you have been looking around and google shop searching like I have been for a long time, then you know that besides upgrade parts, it was impossible to actually find iwaver RTR kits for sale anywhere...even ebay. But for those of you who have been interested they are for sale now at miracle mart again. They are from $53-$68 and are a great low cost alternative to mini-Z. Definately a better performer then Xmods if you have been wanting to compete on the track with friends, but can't afford a Mini-Z, these are just a few dollars more then Xmods......... Here is a link, check it out.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67

OH....... and the $68.00 RTR kits are ............ 2.4ghz

lol
01-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey, thats my secret source for iWavers, don't disclose the information! :(

WhiteCharisma
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
yeah! what he said! JK And these are newer....LOOK they say 2.4ghz!!!!!!!! Now thats something special. Looks like they copied Kyosho's mini-z boards yet again...

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
01-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey, thats my secret source for iWavers, don't disclose the information! :(

Really......... how many have you ordered... LOL. I didn't know an open source retail web-store belonged to anybody and was a secret. It's not a whole saler.. :-?

lol
01-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Ordered 1.

Affordable, I ordered the 25 dollar with chassis and elecs. I just robbed the elecs for my xmods. sell i shall sell the roller.

dreamingISdrifting
01-31-2010, 09:13 PM
are these like the real Legit 02M iwavers or the 01? Or are they like some other brand also known as "iwavers" because they look nothing like the ones on the Iwaver website

SkysTheLimit
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
are these like the real Legit 02M iwavers or the 01? Or are they like some other brand also known as "iwavers" because they look nothing like the ones on the Iwaver website

Copies of the copies... :D :p :roll_eye:

iWavers are iWavers man, I'm still not happy with them at all but it's an affordable way to get into a Mini-Z style runner that will last until it breaks.

They have a little naming mishap,
none of you have a "legit" iWaver 01, because the true IW01 was a copy of the Kyosho Mini-Z MR-01...I would know, I have one

However in the modern days the iWaver 02, clone of the Mini-Z MR-02, became known now as the iWaver 01 (what gives)

In the middle somewhere they had what was called the IW02M, some sort of in house developed chassis that promised more functionality than the standard 02. If you ask me the idea imploded and they're back to mass producing the iWaver "01" which is really an iWaver 02/ cheap MR-02 clone.

But to complicate matters more I believe the 02M is called an 02 now.

Whatever,
iWavers will always be the cheap clones. Scrap em for the boards if you ask me, or if you're really getting into one then replace all the plastics with Kyosho brand plastics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

All right all right all right apparently I wasn't too clear on my explanations...

IWAVER = IWAVER, no matter where you find it an IWAVER is indeed an Iwaver. No such copy.
IWAVER 01 (today) is what used to be called an IWAVER 02, which is basically a bootleg MR-02
IWAVER 02 (today) is an IWAVER 02M, not to be confused with an MR-02, it's an IN HOUSE IWAVER DESIGN. this is the one with the removable servo.
Did not take off, sales wise.

Hope I helped.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Copies of the copies... :D :p :roll_eye:

iWavers are iWavers man, I'm still not happy with them at all but it's an affordable way to get into a Mini-Z style runner that will last until it breaks.

They have a little naming mishap,
none of you have a "legit" iWaver 01, because the true IW01 was a copy of the Kyosho Mini-Z MR-01...I would know, I have one

However in the modern days the iWaver 02, clone of the Mini-Z MR-02, became known now as the iWaver 01 (what gives)

In the middle somewhere they had what was called the IW02M, some sort of in house developed chassis that promised more functionality than the standard 02. If you ask me the idea imploded and they're back to mass producing the iWaver "01" which is really an iWaver 02/ cheap MR-02 clone.

But to complicate matters more I believe the 02M is called an 02 now.

Whatever,
iWavers will always be the cheap clones. Scrap em for the boards if you ask me, or if you're really getting into one then replace all the plastics with Kyosho brand plastics.

Your comparing them to Mini-Z's so of course they are fair inferior. But against an Xmod they perform 10x better. But your correct. Still a fun car that handles very well compared to any xmod. I good option for the $$ challenged.

dreamingISdrifting
01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
so these are like...um... the revised 02M ? Oh well idc as long as it has a legit 2.4ghz system Wahooo!! =D