PDA

View Full Version : The pickup truck is all American. But the Titan is Japanese. For now...

firebird999
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I was sitting around watching Top Gear. It was the American Road Trip episode where they got attacked by those mentally deranged people. Anyway, Jeremy was talking about how Richard only chose the Dodge Ram because he thinks all Americans own one. Well, actually Jeremy, you're almost right. The pickup truck is just as American as crumpets and tea are British. In other words, a non-American pickup is just not actually a pickup. So I'm taking my Titan, and I'm making it actual. I'm installing my Hot Rod rims with some thicker tires that make it about the size of normal Xmod truck wheels (No idea where I'll get those, but I'll find a way), I'm going to make it a bit more rigid and better off road, and I'm going to do an all-American paintjob. This is where I need help. There's so many ways to make it patriotic, but that's not what I want. I don't want it to look American, I want it to be American. I'm talking flat black with orange flames, or maybe Cadillac pink with chrome accents. Something that isn't patriotic, but when you look at it you just know. If you understand what I mean, please give me suggestions. This project is going to go on for a long time, as I'm on a tight budget. I have $265, but I don't know how much I need for my other non-Xmod projects.

BulletsRain
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Camo always says Redneck American! :bigwink:

EvilBenson
01-10-2010, 01:11 AM
im kinda british and these days curry seem to be more british than tea and crumpets buy yeah top gear is a kick *** show....well just to let you all know they are running out of ideas so the show may be coming to an end......long live top gear

texan_idiot25
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I was sitting around watching Top Gear. It was the American Road Trip episode where they got attacked by those mentally deranged people.

>Actors, I hope you realize top gear is staged. Kinda like the time they caught a car on fire in a car wash.

Also, no matter what you paint it, it's still gotta Nissan badge ;)

http://www.lincah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2009-Toyota-Tundra-Hot-Rod-Front-Angle-View-588x441.jpg
Plus Toyota has done it. It was lul'd at.

taiwanesekid05
01-10-2010, 02:19 AM
They're supposedly real :/ Who knows. Even though Top Gear is staged, its still **** good.

(btw, Texan, the pix doesn't work. It just gives you an "**** you" sorta thing)

firebird999
01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised, considering where they were and how their cars looked. But whatever. Even if they were actors, they were still playing as mentally deranged people, so whatever.

Haha, BulletsRain, that would be great! :D It's just that I may sorta kinda, oh I dunno, suck at painting... I can do up to two colors just fine, but camo is usually 4-6 different colors, and I can't do that.

Haha, Texan, that is one ugly POS. :p I think they just half-assed it though.

Maybe I'll even get some new moons, drop it down, and put fins on it! That would be so wrong you just have to like it. :)

EvilBenson
01-10-2010, 10:57 AM
no they arent acting, they really are that mental and daft and up for a laugh, ive seen all the specials and theyre all good....anyone seen the vietnam special......by the way...i am the stig i think

mycrors4
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
the stig changes all the rime but at one point it was michael schumacher... for all u know.. the stig can be a robot O.o

firebird999
01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
The Stig isn't a robot. I would know. I'm dating it. <3

XMDrifter
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
it.

AJB32690
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I think you need to find a different body... Nissan isn't very patriotic...

Anyway.

I say you get the five spoke hot rod rims, find a set of thick tires then paint the truck either lime green or grabber orange with a black hood and tailgate.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/473984163_1f3f9cdd8d.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/495308251_14f32bb14a.jpg

Similar to those.

firebird999
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
The rims are more than likely changing. They're just standing in for now. But good suggestions. :) I might use one.