PDA

View Full Version : Run 26.7v with stock EP cheaply plz look

gearhead
05-26-2005, 06:13 PM
first of all take a quick look at The recent forum "$10 Nitros"by some one else. So that you can catch my drift. I seen that an d was am amazed by thet concept and read more about it of the site he got it off of. And some one asked "could i use my main batteries as a power source along w/ the 9v" so i thought about it toda in school and i came up w/ this diagram to do it.It should work i want everyones opinionon this. I might be wrong. I asked my dad and he said it would work. If this Dose work it will kick ***. Once your car is wide open you will have an instint kick to maybe from 25-30 then it kicks in and goes to 45-60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I WOULDN'T USE FOR MORE THAT A COUPLE SECONDS. AND USE A GOOD HIGH CURRENT MOTOR (FATBOY @ ATOMIC MODS)

Here is the drawing i made

blue=main power source
green= secondary power source
red=normal+
black= normal-
pink= secondary source + power line
brown= secondary source - power line

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/super_uic/NOS2.jpg

Please i want everones opinion on this AND PLZ TELL ME IF SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE

jpringlephoto
05-27-2005, 02:32 AM
The layout is fine,
The diodes keep the 9 volt batteries from back feeding,
but may not be necessary.
You can also put a second pair of lithiums in the same place as the 9 volts to give an even greater punch time.
This drawing is dependent of the NOS system wiring.
Sort of like an electronic bridge dumping boost power to the motor.
The last thing is if the motor can handle it
and if there is a need to put a set of diodes between the EP and the NOS, but that might already be wired in...

I can tell you this one thing...my NEO magnets were FRIED when I allowed the motor to sustain high temperature runs for a (short) timeframe, so consider a good heat sink and cool airflow.

BlackSkyline22
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT LOOKS FREEKEN FAST!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

BlackSky909
05-27-2005, 03:16 PM
gearhead, please do not double thread.

Thanks

Badgerbadger13
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I dont have a nitrous thing right now :D so could you tell me what to get for the NOS in the diagram?

And do i use the same kind of diodes that you use in the $10 nitrous tutorial?

Thanks

gearhead
05-27-2005, 06:49 PM
first of all im sorry for doubleing because the first time i did it the pic dindn't come up cause i typed it wrong so i hit back to fix it

second of all you use the same "NOS" as in $10 nitros and those diods but my dad and another person said i dont realy need the diodes but they cost like 1.50 so im going to use them just because

im going to go get the stuff so im SOOOOO EXITED this will definatly blow my frineds away im only worried about 20v be kicked in that fast and might spin the tires and not able to make full contact but if i do watch out!!!

Badgerbadger13
05-27-2005, 08:50 PM
So if anyone does this can you post a pic of it completed?

And where do you solder the +and- for the 9v onto the turbo?

thanks

gearhead
05-29-2005, 10:01 AM
if you scroll to the top it shows you how to hook every thing up except the details on the acctual NOS that can be found in the $10 NOS post in how to section

jpringlephoto
05-31-2005, 04:47 AM
Glue the tires on the rims or face the obvious when they run off the rims.
My tires run off the rim even with normal Li-Ion, bc the motor has so much rpms.
I have to glue those tires down or keep slim chasing the tires down the street.

gearhead
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
what should i use to glue the tires on epoxy hot glue rubber cement but i guse u should smooth it out real well. but yhea those tires wil definatly fall off at those RPMs my motor runs 53 grand @ 6v ooooooooo i cant wait till sunday im going to get the parts at RS and i will be unwinding OVER 320,000 RPMs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY ****ING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! WOW I JUST REALIZED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'll post some vidio then

Badgerbadger13
06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry for asking so much questions but, do i use the i 9v in the nos ALONG with the two new ones or do i just add one more?

SPANKINMONKEY!
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I can tell you this one thing...my NEO magnets were FRIED when I allowed the motor to sustain high temperature runs for a (short) timeframe, so consider a good heat sink and cool airflow.

you can't fry neos, I have broke them, but you have cheap neos,lemme find the thread................................can't....Per fomance xmods has done it several times....BUt I have too. UYou can't melt neos, not even 120 volts will do that, I have tried....

gearhead
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
you only need to add one more 9v so there is a total of 2 9v