PDA

View Full Version : Question for a noob to the 1:10

Bulldog25413
12-07-2009, 05:46 AM
i been playing with r/c's for a while now modding and what not the xmods but now im 20 and want to try something bigger as im starting to drift 1:1 cars but as you know thats expenive with gas and tires so r/c is perfect for the weekend drift fix but ive never had a 1:10 r/c car and i just ordered a HPI E10 Drift RTR w/Mazda RX-7 from tower hobbies. is that a good starter car to get into the 1:10 r/c drifting world?

tayyab
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Well, it's not bad. Great car for beginners but you'll get sick of it at a later stage. Not many hop-ups either. I would suggest going with a tt-01 for a beginner. As it's far more simple, Cheaper and when tuned properly, it can beat **** near ANY chassis....I seen tt-01's rape yokomos....;)

Do post pics when you get it.:)

Later, T.I.M

Bulldog25413
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
i will once it comes in mail and thanks for the info

mycrors4
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, it's not bad. Great car for beginners but you'll get sick of it at a later stage. Not many hop-ups either. I would suggest going with a tt-01 for a beginner. As it's far more simple, Cheaper and when tuned properly, it can beat **** near ANY chassis....I seen tt-01's rape yokomos....;)

Do post pics when you get it.:)

Later, T.I.M

i second that +1 :D

the HPI E10 Drift gets boring really fast(well for me, my friends have some, they like em, because of the way it handle, it handles AMAZING, but the handling is too sharp for me, idk why, it just is.

mini-z drift
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Any chassis is good for any type of racing. To be honest, it's all in the power ( motor + gear ratio combo) and suspension that determine how good a car.
If you want to drift it, get a higher torque setup with a lock rear differential, or what the new fad is, countersteering.
Countersteering in the drifting community is basically having a different FDR in the rear diff than in the front. Pretty smart tbh.
groovydrift.com is all about this type of stuff, so you should check that site out.

Good luck.

tayyab
12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Also check out driftercentral.com
its an amazing site.
The projects there have to be the sickest ever. :nod:

Later, T.I.M

Bulldog25413
12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
thanks for the websites im excited to get my car altho ill have to wait till spring to drive it as i live in ohio and the snow so untill then ill have my xmods in the basement to play with as i havent found any indoor r/c tracks near me