PDA

View Full Version : SpazStix Colorshifting Paint

Shadow RSX Type-S
08-05-2004, 10:54 PM
I picked up a can of this for $9.99 today, and I want to know what you all think of it before I put it on. I've tested it on my test RSX Body and out of the Green/Purple/Teal color shifting, all I can notice is the Green, and its in glittery flakes. Is colorshifting stuff basically glitter, or is it a whole new type of paint. I'm wanting somthing with glitter, but I'm wanting a solid colorshifting paint underneath the sparkles. I have some Gloss Black paint to go behind the SpazStix paint, as the associate who helped me recommended. The paint is made for the 1/10 Lexan bodies, but I wanted some color shifting stuff and I don't have the money for an airbrush. I've already spent a lot on my Xmod, but it was all under the body. Now I want to make it look as fast as it is. On a dyno, it has tested at over 40M.P.H! I have neons on it and stuff, but I want a Neon Green (like the color of the Eclipse that Brian O'Conner has is TFaTF), that shifts into a Sky Blue, into a Teal, into a Midnight Blue. Anyone know of a good paint that will do these exact colors? Also, if someone can tell me if colorshifting paint is just different color glitter, or is it actually a solid paint like a water-based paint or something. Thanks for everything everyone! I'll post pictures later after it's done.

P.S. - Upgrades to my Xmod include V1 Electronics Package (www.AtomicMods.com), Wide Track Bearing Set (Atomic Mods), Aluminum Axel (Atomic Mods), Nuke 130SM (10 Tooth "Yellow" set up)(Atomic Mods), Carbon Fiber Chassis (www.XmodSource.com), Carbon Fiber Front Deck (Xmod Source), Carbon Fiber Rear Deck (Xmod Source), Front and Rear Tribal Bumper (www.CustomXmodParts.com), Custom Made Wheels (www.HobbyTown.com), Tire Upgrade Set (Radio Shack), Lithium Pro Power System (Atomic Mods), Steel Lug Nuts (www.XmodCorner.com), Suspension and Steering Upgrade (Radio Shack), 150% Steering Radius (Atomic Mods), Hot Swap Quad underbody light kit (www.HobbyLogic.com), Custom TrueBlue (Color lights from Custom Xmod Parts) Headlights (4 Headlights exactly like a real RSX), Custom Super Red (Color lights from Custom Xmod Parts) Taillights (4 Taillights exactly like a real RSX), Custom True Blue (Color lights from Custom Xmod Parts) Fog Lights, Custom Body Kit (made from other model cars). Now needing the body painted, so that's why I want to know if color shifting paint is supposed to be sparkly or if this stuff is just not the stuff I want.

viperdout
08-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Nice car. I know of no paints that would do that, but I hear a lot of things about the Dupli-color paint, which I believe is made by DuPont.

NFSUSupra
08-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Duplicolor is not that good because it takes a long time to take that paint out. Plus the color on the cap of the paint promesed me ametal flake tone and it was only a *** color. :****ed: :***: :dblfin: :****ed: :***: :dblfin: :****ed: :***:

suprastar
08-07-2004, 08:06 PM
that kind of paint is called "chameleon" cuz it changes colors and the only way for it to look right is to get the real deal car paint and it isn't cheap.
good thoughts on what you want but too bad it is exspensive

p.s. it's metalic paint not glitter

Shadow RSX Type-S
08-11-2004, 08:54 PM
good thoughts on what you want but too bad it is exspensive

What do you mean by that? I got the Dupli-Color paint by the way, and I'm currently sanding my RSX down do a nice white chalk. Anyway, I should have it done within a week or two. Yes I DO own everything I listed on my upgrades list. No it was not cheap, but I'm in love with RSX-S and I want to have this little car pimp, so when I get a real RSX Type-S, I can have the little mini-me on the dashboard heh.

bigsho
08-17-2004, 11:43 AM
just remember that with color shifting paints...the more coats the better the color change is. when i use duplicolor mirage, i use about half the can of the color change. it gives a sweet color change effect

johnnyt
08-25-2004, 03:24 PM
where can i buy color shifting paint? i went to walmart in the auto paint but they didn't have any? is there a website or sumitn?

bigsho
08-26-2004, 06:03 PM
autozone and advance auto parts have duplicolor mirage

$20 + tax for a big can of primer, mid coat, and top coat

johnnyt
08-26-2004, 06:46 PM
thanx for telling me