PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen The NEW Slash???

supercellghost
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Have you guys seen the new slash???

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/6808_slash4x4/tour/default.html#/video-00

Its apparently 4 wheel drive as compared to the 2 wheel drive. It looks pretty awesome and it just was released today.

And licensed BFGoodrich tires? This thing is just awesome.

So discuss.

ling427ttvette
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
So a 4wd Slash was all the hype? You have GOT to be kidding me.

All you have to do is get a Slayer and convert it to electric to get a 4wd Slash. If I could access Traxxas's site, I wouldn't ask this..

Is it using the same chassis setup as the Revo and Slayer? If it is, what a serious let down. I expected lots more..

GearHeadV8
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
can you post up pics hahaha the server is like over loaded for me it wont connect to it

mycrors4
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
if you want pix, go to www.ultimaterc.com and on the main page there is one pic of it that links u to more pix
(sorry for posting another forum site, i just couldnt get pic quailty to post them here)

GearHeadV8
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
eh its pretty cool i thought it was something better from all the hype =(

ling427ttvette
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Ok, I'll admit.. this will be my next truck when money allows.

I expected something tons better from all of the hype, but I have been wanting to trade my Slash for something 4wd for a while now.. looks like I might just sell it and other parts to get the money and buy this one.

I am EXTREMELY happy to see that it doesn't use the Revo/Slayer/Summit chassis. They kept the 2wd chassis setup and integrated the 4wd parts which is great. I'm not as disappointed now that I have seen it.

GearHeadV8
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
as am i. i thought it was the same chassis but different from it

The devils playground
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
i cant find how much it is?

mycrors4
10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
it came out today.. no price is announced yet\
but there is proof that it is going to be under $400(its a quote from a guy that works at traxxas from the traxxas forums)

GearHeadV8
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
it came out today.. no price is announced yet\
but there is proof that it is going to be under $400(its a quote from a guy that works at traxxas from the traxxas forums)

I dont mean to sound mean but as stated before from donzii on a different thread the traxxas forum is little help but mainly just members that kissup to the members that are higher status. But anyways traxxas is very top secret with there products so the traxxas workers dont even know about new products until they are released to the public.

I could be wrong mycrors but I really hope it does really good and is a good price like reasonable. Its like they are getting rid of the nitro cars.

Brushless is the way to go lol

ling427ttvette
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
They are claiming under $400, and it comes with 2.4ghz, and I believe will come with battery and charger as well.

I'm hoping for the $300 to $350 range, if it gets higher.. I'll wait for the price to come down.

mycrors4
10-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I dont mean to sound mean but as stated before from donzii on a different thread the traxxas forum is little help but mainly just members that kissup to the members that are higher status. But anyways traxxas is very top secret with there products so the traxxas workers dont even know about new products until they are released to the public.

I could be wrong mycrors but I really hope it does really good and is a good price like reasonable. Its like they are getting rid of the nitro cars.

Brushless is the way to go lol
Well im just taking what i heard off of URC.. never been to traxxas forums and now that u mentions that.. i never will ;)

They are claiming under $400, and it comes with 2.4ghz, and I believe will come with battery and charger as well.

I'm hoping for the $300 to $350 range, if it gets higher.. I'll wait for the price to come down.
just wait til xmas then when ur local hobby store sends u a "20% off anything" coupon and they drop the price of the slash 4wd... and maybe have a xmas sale with like "30% off all items":lol: ... and there u go.. get a 2.4ghz 4wd traxxas slash with a 7cell battery and charger, brushless AND waterproof
talk about en epic deal! :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: