PDA

View Full Version : September '09 COTM: "Open Class" Discussion Thread:

Donziikid
09-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Howdy,

Please hold all discussion about the September 2009 "Open Class" COTM here within this discussion thread. All discussion made within the Entry Thread will be deleted as soon as it is found by a Staff member.

Cheers,
Kyle.

imnotmikal
09-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Does something have to be "custom" to enter?
Like, are just Radioshack upgrades allowed?
If so, I'll enter just for kicks, I don't plan on winning with this though...

Also, I would assume no prizes this month?

@xmods1993 - You need a chassis shot

Donziikid
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Yupp. Anything is allowed as long as it follows the rule that it is an Xmod (Gen1, Evo Touring, Evo Truck or Street) and not a MiniZ, MicroT or any other small scale RC. ;) Have fun.

winner
09-01-2009, 08:34 PM
so like is the voting thread going to be open for everyone to vote? if so i'll get to work on the nsx i bout from monsterhunter awhile ago, lol it needs alot of work.

Donziikid
09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes, this month will be just regular voting where anyone eligible (see Voting Rules in the Entry Thread) may vote. July was a special voting process due to the prize. Seeing as how it worked so well you may see it again in the future. Of course we will notify you if and when that takes place. ;)

Cheers,
Kyle.

cowboysir03
09-01-2009, 08:48 PM
For curiousity's sake, what exactly do you classify an xmod?

For example, if my basic platform uses xmod gen1 parts but i throw in some custom modified parts from other micro catagories...?

Donziikid
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Since we base all of our COTMs around Xmods we like to see as much Xmod based RCs as possible. A MiniZ with an Xmod motor obviously doesn't make the cut, but if you have done something along the lines of what RedSXmodder did with his RCP Ripper project that would be acceptable.

Naturally it is rather difficult to judge "what is" and "what is not," but if a majority (50%+) of your entry is Xmod based with Xmod parts it will be eligible. :nod:

Cheers,
Kyle.

taiwanesekid05
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I already have a feeling who's going to win...

xmods1993
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Okay, I will get one within the next couple of days cause my camera is out of batteries but I will make sure to get one

AJB32690
09-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Hmm, I've been working on quite a few projects that nobody here has seen... Mostly because I don't have a camera... The question is... Which one gets entered?

mycrors4
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Hmm, I've been working on quite a few projects that nobody here has seen... Mostly because I don't have a camera... The question is... Which one gets entered?

oo i know, the kool one! :p lol but im thinkin about enterin too(even though i will lose:cry: , but its worth a shot

AJB32690
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
oo i know, the kool one! :p lol but im thinkin about enterin too(even though i will lose:cry: , but its worth a shot

I think "Project Executive" will be entered this month...

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
09-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Ahhh, Im ready to go. I got a new project to start. Im glad I got back in time for an open class COTM, there should be lots of entries and they are usually pretty awsome. Good luck to everyone who enters.

mycrors4
09-02-2009, 11:27 PM
i have a question, when u say it needs to be a working xmod, does that mean wroking with
no problems or can it have problems, but still works

Donziikid
09-03-2009, 12:13 AM
"Fully Functional" I believe is the term used in the rules. ;)

mycrors4
09-03-2009, 12:45 AM
"Fully Functional" I believe is the term used in the rules. ;)

well what i meant was its all works but not very well, like my GTI works but the servo gear is stripped but it still turns just not really well like it went from a 50 degree radius to a 25 degree radius(sorry this is the last question ill ask i dont wanna fill up this thread with questions)

Bananabrain
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Guess i better finish up my hummer sut & enter it in this, im like 85-90% done with it.

deckerz
09-04-2009, 03:31 PM
theres no point in me entering theres no way i can compeate with xmods4life nissan titan.

fieldfairy2
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I threw my car in since zippo threw his in.

bondo
09-04-2009, 05:52 PM
well what i meant was its all works but not very well, like my GTI works but the servo gear is stripped but it still turns just not really well like it went from a 50 degree radius to a 25 degree radius(sorry this is the last question ill ask i dont wanna fill up this thread with questions)

if you just kept your mouth shut about it.......no one would be the wiser.
why nitpick rules that are open for "interpretation"?
how is anyone going to know if your servo is messed up from pictures?

imnotmikal
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
if you just kept your mouth shut about it.......no one would be the wiser.
why nitpick rules that are open for "interpretation"?
how is anyone going to know if your servo is messed up from pictures?

+1

bondo
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
just to clarify, i did not build the F-150 that Xmodnoob posted.
that shell was built and painted by surgeon.
sorry XMN,just had to give credit where credit is due.
cheers,

xmod noob
09-30-2009, 05:50 PM
just to clarify, i did not build the F-150 that Xmodnoob posted.
that shell was built and painted by surgeon.
sorry XMN,just had to give credit where credit is due.
cheers,

i should have clarified it abit better i got the body from bondo and i thought he made it no-one told me it was surgeons body beforehand. i will change it to surgeons name. sorry bondo and everyone else for the confusion