PDA

View Full Version : Radline or Micro-T?

Action B
08-30-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm looking for something I can drive around outside off-road when I can't make it to a track to drive my Mini-Z.

Do you guys recommend Micro T or Radline? Please tell me why don't just say one or the other.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

I don't plan on doing many upgrades other than a better motor. I'd like the vehicle to be durable so I don't have to be constantly repairing it. My main focus is on track Mini-Z racing I just want something to have fun with in my spare time.

bondo
08-30-2009, 06:02 AM
i'd go with the micro-t.
much more versatile and responsive.
radlines aren't crap by any means but they're a notch below micro's on the totem pole IMO.
plas you can buy a bunch of shiny bits in the future for the T.:bigwink:

winner
08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
are you looking for something you can drive through grass? cause a micro-t cant even handle a gravel road..

Stampedekid
08-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Micro DT is what I say as it has more options for bigger batteries and stuff. I don't own a radline but I own a brushless/lipo Micro DT and it is arguably one of the toughest RC's I own. Only aluminum part I have on it is the steering hubs by Golden Horizons. If you don't believe me see my video from last year on my less powerful 2S LiPo. Please view in HD like I said taken last year not a single broken part and I did this 2 days in a row at around 36*F outside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6zSqngR44

Forgot to mention that the micro t series trucks are REAL hobby quality RC's and every single part is replacable at your local hobby shop. But if you want to get it for cheaper than most hobby shops have them for, go here

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_109
Very fast shipping, very reliable, cheap shipping prices and good sale prices, lower than most places.

cowboysir03
08-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I've got a Radline coming but it won't be staying the same platform wheras my Micro-T has stayed plainjane and loving every second of it.

BTW, that means the Micro-T is a nicer stock setup.:lol:

Action B
08-30-2009, 06:26 PM
are you looking for something you can drive through grass? cause a micro-t cant even handle a gravel road..

I've seen a lot of them handle gravel or grass. I just youtubed it. Here is an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyJeXdwt00

If you watch it you have to endure the music though. If you can watch the whole thing your a stronger man than I.

taiwanesekid05
08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
IMO, go for the Micro-T. It's ESC is smooth, its light, easy to carry around, and has a nice punch out of the box. When I first got the Micro-T, I was surprised of how much better they were than Xmods (not like Xmods gave much competition though...)

winner
08-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I've seen a lot of them handle gravel or grass. I just youtubed it. Here is an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyJeXdwt00

If you watch it you have to endure the music though. If you can watch the whole thing your a stronger man than I.

lol did you notice how many thimes he had to stop and get a running start? thats what i ment, for the price i'd rather hve a vendetta, just my 2 cents

kendallcschm
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
id go wtih a radline.... i personally like this one:
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Radline-124-Destructor-Monster-Truck-RTR__14045.aspx

Action B
08-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Micro DT is what I say as it has more options for bigger batteries and stuff. I don't own a radline but I own a brushless/lipo Micro DT and it is arguably one of the toughest RC's I own. Only aluminum part I have on it is the steering hubs by Golden Horizons. If you don't believe me see my video from last year on my less powerful 2S LiPo. Please view in HD like I said taken last year not a single broken part and I did this 2 days in a row at around 36*F outside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6zSqngR44

Forgot to mention that the micro t series trucks are REAL hobby quality RC's and every single part is replacable at your local hobby shop. But if you want to get it for cheaper than most hobby shops have them for, go here

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_109
Very fast shipping, very reliable, cheap shipping prices and good sale prices, lower than most places.

I just realized the micro dt is REAR wheel drive?

Radline is AWD, ya know?

Also, Radline is a real hobby class vehicle too. They have two versions, elite and master. Elite is what you find at target, master is what you find at hobby shops.

DRFTKO
08-31-2009, 12:28 AM

Radline is AWD, ya know?

Also, Radline is a real hobby class vehicle too. They have two versions, elite and master. Elite is what you find at target, master is what you find at hobby shops.

I just thought I would point out that Target no longer carries anything to do with the Elite series Radline anymore. You would have to go with the Master series and look to your local hobby shop or purchase Elite series cars and parts online (which isn't hard since the parts can be found all over the internet. However, you might be able to luck up and come across some parts or maybe even a starter kit on clearance at Target; although I doubt it.

Action B
08-31-2009, 12:41 AM
I just thought I would point out that Target no longer carries anything to do with the Elite series Radline anymore. You would have to go with the Master series and look to your local hobby shop or purchase Elite series cars and parts online (which isn't hard since the parts can be found all over the internet. However, you might be able to luck up and come across some parts or maybe even a starter kit on clearance at Target; although I doubt it.

The target near here has 3 in stock discounted to $39.99 and all of the upgrades too. Even though that's true I'd still probably get the Master series at full cost.

DRFTKO
08-31-2009, 03:23 AM
The target near here has 3 in stock discounted to $39.99 and all of the upgrades too. Even though that's true I'd still probably get the Master series at full cost.

I would definitely choose the Master series if you can. Atomic has a nice metal heat sink that only fits the Master series chassis and I THINK they come stock with one of the upgraded motors.

Action B
08-31-2009, 04:26 AM
I would definitely choose the Master series if you can. Atomic has a nice metal heat sink that only fits the Master series chassis and I THINK they come stock with one of the upgraded motors.

Well since the Radline uses H bridge FETs, and I do FET work, I'll open it up and throw a double or triple stack on it. Then I can run this atomic T2 motor I have sitting around because it makes my Mini-Z too fast to control on the track.

ardw1217
08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
The radline is the way to go. If your going one

Action B
08-31-2009, 10:07 PM
The radline is the way to go. If your going one

I agree, too bad no hobby shops in my area carry it. Seems everyone races bigger scales. I don't care though I like smaller scales.

Radline FTW due to AWD.

What kind of real off road vehicle is 2wd? ugh.

Stampedekid
08-31-2009, 10:14 PM

Radline is AWD, ya know?

Yes but it is still quick out of the box, faster than any radline out of the box and plus it has FULL upgrades and replacement parts and at any of my LHS' I havent seen a single radline. Not calling out at radlines but you did watch my video right? I'd like to see a radline do that with no broken parts, two days in a row at 36*F Sorry if it sounds harsh but I'm just trying to support my little DT :lol: And to your RWD question, most of my larger RC's are RWD, my Nitro Stampede, my overpowered Brushless Traxxas Slash, and yeah. Baja 5B and 5T are RWD too :P

Action B
08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes but it is still quick out of the box, faster than any radline out of the box and plus it has FULL upgrades and replacement parts and at any of my LHS' I havent seen a single radline. Not calling out at radlines but you did watch my video right? I'd like to see a radline do that with no broken parts, two days in a row at 36*F Sorry if it sounds harsh but I'm just trying to support my little DT :lol: And to your RWD question, most of my larger RC's are RWD, my Nitro Stampede, my overpowered Brushless Traxxas Slash, and yeah. Baja 5B and 5T are RWD too :P

You are right. No local hobby shops carry it. Just like the Mini-Zs lol. Its really too bad.

Your car did take a lot of abuse, to be honest I'd never drive it quite like that lol. However, I do appreciate your input however, I'm a strong AWD supporter. I had no idea the traxxas was rwd!

I don't know how you afford all these cars but if the Micro DT was AWD it would have been no contest. It offends me that an off road vehicle of a small size would not be AWD. The size already limits what it can do as an off road machine enough.

taiwanesekid05
08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
My LHS has Radlines and Mini-z...

But yeah, I still suppourt Micro-T/B/DT's ;) I've never really tried a Radline before, but I love my Micro-T :)