PDA

View Full Version : mini lst

The devils playground
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I know this is mainly a xmods site but i need help with my LST:eyecraz: :-? I was trying to be nice and let my 7 year old sisters drive it and they drove through the water and now it wont go i replaced the esc but still doesnt work when i turn it on makes a clicking noise towards the front i think i need to replace the wires goin from the servos to the receiver and the receiver its self but not sure open to any suggestions and need to know where to find them?

Donziikid
08-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Moved to Misc. RC. Electric. Comments/Questions/Suggestions/Discussion is for topics about Xmodsource as a website, not RCs. Please try to post topics in the correct sections. ;)

Unplug the steering servo (channel 1 on receiver). Do you still hear the clicking noise when the steering servo is unpluged? With the steering servo unpluged and the everything turned ON do you have any function what so ever (forward/reverse)?

Cheers,
Kyle.

The devils playground
10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
no it did not do anything after i unplugged it it just stopped making the noise ok so.. so far i have replaced the esc and the reciever and still does not do anything not sure whats going on does anyone know how to tell if the transmitter even connected to the reciever because it doesnt even turn so it couldnt be the motors but not sure.

GearHeadV8
10-24-2009, 10:46 AM
are the motor wires all connected. servo connections.. good batteries...? I don't have a lst but if it has a rechargeable battery make sure that it did not short.

suicide_star
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
hey bro, the transmitter and receiver both have adjustable frequencies...make sure that they're on the same frequency. also, make absolutely sure that you have good batteries in the transmitter and in the truck. even if the transmitter lights up, if the batteries are weak, then it's as good as dead. as far as any clicking noises, make sure that all the axles are in place and that the motors are properly lined up on the spur gear.

The devils playground
10-24-2009, 12:04 PM
still need to get some batteries for the transmitter but i was trying to reset the esc and it wont do it could that be a dead transmitter? and yes all the connections are fine.:eyecraz:

suicide_star
10-24-2009, 12:14 PM
you can't do anything with the ESC if your transmitter is dead.

The devils playground
10-24-2009, 12:16 PM
k thanks ill probs go get batteries today and be on later thanks and off topic have you ever used testors putty? and thanks for the help do you have one?

suicide_star
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
i've got a Mini LST, Mini Baja, and two Mini T's. good luck, and if that fails you, play around with it, gather us some data, and tell us what it's doing/not doing so we can try to help you diagnose it better ;)

The devils playground
10-26-2009, 08:49 AM
thanks i got it goin now i dont know what do to it besides drive it i wish there were some homemade mods you could do to it lol

suicide_star
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
the cheapest upgrades are LiPo, new alloy gearing, and motor upgrades, though the motors that come on it aren't that bad.

The devils playground
10-26-2009, 06:12 PM
i was really hoping to go lipo do you have lipo on yours i want to but where to find them and how to hook them up are the buggers that get me lol heard my grandpa say that but anyways if you know where can you put a link?

suicide_star
10-26-2009, 06:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-7-4V-1000mAh-2Cell-LiPo-Charger-Combo-MINI-LST2_W0QQitemZ360157861401QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53db14d619 that's the cheapest setup that i've come across...it gets the job done, but the run time isn't great.

The devils playground
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
do you know if it has better run time than the stock and if it goes faster?

suicide_star
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
it certainly will run faster than the stock battery and the run times are determined by mAh "milliamp hours" The higher the mAh, the more bigger the energy storage capacity of a battery.

The devils playground
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
sweet probs gonna get me a stick soldering gun i have a weller 100/140 amp but isnt really workin out for me so after i get that pretty cheap just have to go aways to get it ill probs get the lipo which will be sweet but thanks for the help.