PDA

View Full Version : Please help with a choice between E-maxx and 1/16 E-revo

GearHeadV8
08-15-2009, 05:43 PM
i really want to get a E-revo but the owner of a local slot car track is selling his E-maxx and he was saying he would sell it to me for 300. but i want to E-revo cause it will go faster and it looks like alot of fun. But i dont know which will have more power, cause in the winter i want to design a snow plow for it and have it push the snow. Which one do you think will have more power in the end and be more fun

Please help

Donziikid
08-15-2009, 09:37 PM
What size E-Revo? The 1:10th or the 1:16th? Brushless or brushed E-Revo? Brushless or brushed E-Maxx?

GearHeadV8
08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
1/16 E-Revo brushless and 1/10 emaxx but i can get 50 off the e-revo but the e-maxx is a solid 300. I just really want to have fun with it. I have seen vids of it and i really like it but ive seen the emaxx and really liked it so i figure i would as you guys what would be more fun,faster,and be best for more street and not alot of off road(my area i live)

clintr79
08-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Either of them are fun and fast with the right batteries.The e maxx has the 2 speed shift on the fly.i would go with the mini e revo them things are wicked with some good batteries

Donziikid
08-16-2009, 12:42 AM
The E-Maxx will have plenty of more low end power/torque for the idea you had in the OP (snow-plow). However, the E-Revo is geared more towards high speed and good handling while the E-Maxx is more so geared toward off road style stuff. Since you mostly want speed and more street action, go with the E-Revo. ;)

GearHeadV8
08-16-2009, 09:51 PM
cool thanks for your help guys im going to convince my dad to let me order the erevo cause my brother wants the 1/16 slash but i want to be on the same playing field. thanks again for the help guys

ling427ttvette
08-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Good choice, you won't regret it. I LOVE mine.

Completely stock I was doing complete backflips from a stand still.. and then I snapped a u-joint. :lol: This was two batt's in a series btw..

Steel CVD's along with aluminum tie rods and push rods on the way. Can't wait.

Also, a little tip.. when you get it and if you get a second battery and a series connector (doubles voltage) you NEED to install the 23t pinion, the 28t that is in it stock will make it overheat like a mother with two batt's in a series. And yes you will achieve the 50mph with the 23t pinion, it's manufacturer recommended to do this.

Edit: Also, pick up some tire glue if you plan to do the 50mph runs. My front two tires have came off the rim with the stock glue job.

GearHeadV8
08-16-2009, 11:44 PM
sweeeeet thanks for the tips. i saw vids and it was on traxxas and it was the erevo and i was like oh... then i saw the 1/16 shoot past i was like OH. i was hooked.

how long does it take to charge the batt when it comes

ling427ttvette
08-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Depends on your charger. The stock charger that comes with it now is 6 hours. My charger does it in about 15 minutes.

go to www.tenbol.com and be amazed at their mini Revo.

Let's just say it has a 1/10 scale brushless motor in it. It's SWEEEEET. I plan to do it to mine since I have a spare MM5700 sitting around.. the mount is only $35 and the gears can't be more than $10-$15.

GearHeadV8
08-17-2009, 09:27 PM
sweet can you give me a link for your charger

ling427ttvette
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Ehh, I don't recommend my charger. It's a Dynamite dual peak charger.

It charges two batt's at once very quickly, but it's not a good idea really.

It has automatic amp selection, below 6 cells it charges at 1 amp, 6 or more it charges at 4 amps. Problem is, the little Revo batteries are 1600 mAh so they should be charged around 1-2 amps probably.. mines throwing 4 at them and they get pretty hot.

I recommend the Onyx 230, it's Li-Po capable as well for if you ever decide to pick some up for the Revo (they are cheap as crap for this thing) and it's also the charger I am planning on getting shortly.

GearHeadV8
08-17-2009, 11:06 PM
oh cool thanks for all the help. can i use a standard battery on it. i have a 5500 mah. or would it be over kill. also since it is only 1 batt for now will it throw off the weight

ling427ttvette
08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
The batteries for the mini Revo are also mini batteries. I don't remember the cell size but they are considerably smaller than the 1/10 scale. Like 2/3a or something I think is the cell size.

Biggest battery I know of for these right now is a 2200mAh Li-Po. 1600 mAh for NiMH batteries.

I am running the stock Traxxas Powercells that come with it (well only one comes with it, you can get another for like $20) with a series connector and it's an absolute blast. I plan to get a parallel connector to double my run time, this thing is nuts even on just one battery. And yes, just running one battery does throw the weight off a little.. but it's not horrible.

Donziikid
08-18-2009, 12:17 AM
The batteries for the mini Revo are also mini batteries. I don't remember the cell size but they are considerably smaller than the 1/10 scale. Like 2/3a or something I think is the cell size.

You are correct, they indeed use a 2/3A battery while larger scale (1:10th) use SubC.

They (Mini-E-Revo) use the same size battery as the Vendetta, RC18 and other popular 1:16th-1:18th scale RCs. I have yet to see any 2/3A NiMH over 1600mAh, so GearHead must be talking about a SubC. I would assume the discharge from the SubC would be way overkill for the smaller system, but that's just a guess. Plus, it probably won't fit in the first place. :p

Cheers,
Kyle.

GearHeadV8
08-18-2009, 11:13 AM
lol very true before i knew the batts where so small i was all like oh wow i have 1 batt that will make it go 60 lol. but yeah i will prolly order another battery and a connector. if i i buy a new batt does it come with the charger. Also ling do you have any accesories for it.

Okay now for the hardest part....What CoLoR. i can't decide.

also sorry for the bad spelling and all im on my phone and the screen is small..(i cracked my other phone screen so im on a old one).

ling427ttvette
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Eh, color doesn't matter when you're going 50 down the street. :lol:

As far as accessories, I have some steel CVD's on the way, along with some aluminum tie rods and push rods (the rods that connect the lower control arm to the rocker arm on the shocks)

Other than that, it's bone stock. And no, the spare battery won't come with another charger. So you would be looking at a 12 hour charge time with the stock charger for two batteries.

GearHeadV8
08-18-2009, 09:58 PM
hmmm. well i read your thread on yours so ill hold off on the second battery lol.

what do you think about lights for them.. like would it look cool or stupid.

I think i'll order the steel CVD's down the line but for now ill make a wheelie bar(thats after i have mind numbing fun)

ling427ttvette
08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm planning on lighting mine up like I did my Slash, I love lights.. I say go for it, that way you can drive at night and know which direction you are going.

I haven't decided on how I want my lights setup though, so I haven't ordered any. A simple 2 white in the front and 2 red in the back would work.. I might just do that, not sure.

GearHeadV8
08-18-2009, 10:09 PM
lol ill wait for you cause i want to see how it looks. i have like 20 plus 3mm. so ill jerry rig something lol. let me know if you want a few